It’s pretty surreal entering March. I was at Target the other day and saw all the Easter candy, which was such a flashback to March 2020. It was such a weird moment where it really hit me that we’ve been doing this for a solid year now.
As I cross the 1 year mark, I want to take some time to really think about all that I’ve achieved and let go of over the past year. I am truly a different person one year later. As I shared in my last post, I have been battling PCOS and secondary infertility the past 2 years. I started 2020 at my highest weight, severely depressed, and alone. Pandemic or no pandemic, I was in a really bad place.
As hard as it has been to essentially be home for 12 months and not see my family, this has been such an amazing year for me as an individual. Working from home, really being able to spend time with my children, losing excess weight, renovating our home, hiking (a lot), and having the space to really process everything going on.
The absolute highlight of 2020 was finding CBD and discovering how it helped me with my anxiety and depression. Direct sales gets a lot of crap, but I’m here to tell you, for this burnt out, tired, and discouraged mom, Green Compass has changed my life! I didn’t know how badly I needed the friends I’ve made since starting my business. I also didn’t realize how much helping others find CBD for their own wellness would fill my cup!
February was a really great month, both for our family and for me personally. Neal and I finished the Star Wars series (I had never watched it before – It was awesome) and we watched some of my favorite romantic comedies leading up to Valentine’s Day. We also got to enjoy lots of time outside, hiking and playing in the snow. We even got a 60 degree day, which was awesome! I’m also truly thankful my family stayed safe in Texas and made it through the snow storms and brutal cold. What a wild weather month!
As weird as it is to be at the 1 year mark of this time at home, I will forever be thankful for the lessons and how it has opened my eyes to what matters most. I’m looking forward to the month ahead and working on goals in my new years buckets.
March Goals and Focus
Save as much money as possible! This year I really want to push myself to save money! I’ve said this in years past, but then didn’t really put in the work to be different and to save.
- Plan out meals for upcoming local vacations and budget our trips
- Continue to post items for sale on Ebay and Poshmark (Here’s my closet)
- Don’t shop for entertainment or to cope with emotions!
- Set up a new savings account for side business income
Prioritize my family. 2020 made this a reality, so I want to continue to prioritize them in 2021. Before 2020, I allowed structures and systems to dictate where my family fell in my list of responsibilities. I fell for the, “well this is just how it has to be” mentality, and that just isn’t true! My family can by my top priority and other things will adjust.
- Plan out our TWO vacations this month! Both are paid completely by my side income and I just can’t wait to go on these local trips (staying at isolated Airbnb rentals).
- Watch Lord of the Rings and Hobbit series with Neal
- Rethink kids’ rooms and how to reorganize them
My Side Business. Through sharing my use of CBD, help others to find relief with CBD. Through sharing stories since starting my CBD side business, help others seeking an income source or new purpose launch their own business.
- Attend 1 professional development training each week
- Read an article, part of a book, a blog, whatever that focuses on my own growth and mindset
- Support my team and help them to reach their monthly goals!
Home. Last year we did a number of renovations, so my goal this year is to just enjoy! Enjoy our new deck and put the finishing touches on some of our indoor spaces. I also want to have fun in the garden this spring and plant lots of flowers for the summer months.
- Create a spring cleaning plan
- Design our garden and plan out in advance of spring
- Create a list of things for our outdoor space and budget
Health, Wellness, and Organization. Man, I’ve come so far over the years! I’m starting this year feeling so great about my health and wellness. I lost a lot of weight last year, found clarity in what wellness really means to me, and have created daily habits to support those goals.
- Plan out the week ahead’s schedule and to do’s every Saturday
- Continue my Peloton workouts
- Continue to focus on my health as the root of my weight loss
- Do a tarot card reading every Monday before the week begins (posted on my Instagram)