Man… 2018! It has been a fast and furious start, but also filled with lots of love, joy, and growth opportunities. I won’t deny that March was a tough month. I didn’t set monthly goals for March, and while I know I did the best I could last month, I admit that I didn’t make myself a priority and paid the price for it by month’s end. I talked a lot about that in these two posts (I Lost Myself Taking Care of Others and We Can’t Do It All).
I am feel pretty good going into April. School year’s end is in sight, warmer weather (and all that comes with it) is on the horizon, and I have a lot more ownership of what’s on my plate. I learned a lot from March and will continue to share my thoughts and insight around that loaded word, balance.
So what went well in March? Honestly, I came to my senses. It’s so easy to let life drag me along and I really came to my senses last month. I think it’s easy to be a victim to all that I’ve decided to take on. Last month I realized that I was failing to own that I choose what’s on my plate. I see now how important it is to really own my life and to be comfortable with saying No more often. It’s hard to say, “oh woe as me” when so much is really in my own control, even if it’s just controlling my reaction to things that are out of my control.
What could have gone better? Through the craziness and eye opening moments I didn’t make myself a priority. I didn’t workout as often as I like, I didn’t take the time focus on the things that bring me joy, and I didn’t get the sleep I needed to recharge. I learned a lot from the effects.
What is on the horizon? Honestly, I’m taking things one day at a time. I am working harder to live my best life just one day at a time. We have some fun things on our calendar, but I don’t want to wish away the time in between. I’m working harder to make each day a great one.
I am grateful for all that March gave to our family and I am looking forward to the month ahead! Ready or not, here we go! My goals are built around my 2018 new years goals.
Coming Up In April
- Kinnick turns 9 months old
- Trip to Pittsburgh for a DC Divas game
- Last day of classes at work
- A few fun work events
April 2018 Goals
- Sit down for dinner together as often as possible
- Go for walks as a family after daycare pick up
- Start my multi-month project/plan to go through and organize each space in our house. My focus this month includes:
- Dining Room
- Front closet
- Main floor play area
- Finalize our roof replacement (we had storm damage last month)
Personal Wellness and Self Care
- Sit down with a cup of coffee and journal at least once a week
- Take a bath or use a face mask once a week
- Use essential oils at work (I have this usb diffuser)
- Workout at OrangeTheory twice a week
- Prepare meals and snacks on Sundays for the week ahead
- Pack lunch and snacks the night before Monday-Friday
- Only weigh myself at my weekly weigh-in on Fridays
Lifestyle and Routine
- Listen to 2 audiobooks this month during my commute
- Leave work at work
- Enjoy my lunch break outside at least once a week
- Try a new beer
Monthly Goals 2018
Monthly Goals 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018