Yesterday was a really awesome day! I stayed up way too late Sunday night watching the NBA Finals and 1/2 an episode of OITNB, BUT I got up for OrangeTheory and kicked my 500m row time’s butt! Every 6 months OrangeTheory has a Peak Performance week. Over the course of 5 days, members compete for the fastest 500m row, 24 minute distance run, plank hold challenge, 2000m row, and 1 mile run. In January I had the fastest 500m row (39 and under) for my studio with a time of 1:26 and really wanted to beat that time yesterday. I was on a 1:21 pace and hit 500 meters in 1:23!! I was PUMPED! Later in the week they’ll post the fastest times, but boy was I happy with my time.
After the 500m row we did our normal workout; weight room (endurance) and treadmill (hills and sprints). Once home I got ready for work and made a killer breakfast sandwich. 2 slices of Dave’s Killer break (8sp), 2 eggs (4sp), 3 turkey sausage links (3sp), and 1 slice of cheese (2sp). My work day was a little weird, so I had watermelon and a banana mid day and was finally able to heat up my lunch around 3:30PM. I had leftover Mexican ground turkey and brown rice (8sp) and a side salad with bolthouse dressing (2sp).
After work I picked up Magnolia, made her dinner, and then made myself dinner. I was craving veggies and hummus, so I added 2 tbsp of Everything hummus (2sp) to an Everything Flatout Foldit (3sp) and topped with cucumbers (0sp). It was awesome!
I closed out the day with a walk around the neighborhood with Neal and Magnolia. Neal and I talked about the Kane Show for our entire walk. Can anyone smell the end of someone’s career? Once home I made Neal dinner and made myself a toasted tortilla (4sp) and enjoyed a few cherries (0sp). It was a really awesome day!! And HEY, it was the first day of summer!! Yay!
It was a long winter and a weird spring, so I’m really excited summer is finally here. We’ve had some hot days in DC, but for the most past it has been a nice “unofficial start to summer”. I’m looking forward to evening walks with my family, going to baseball games, seeing Billy Joel in July, talking some much needed vacation days, and making more of an effort to be fully present.
Goals For Summer
1. Spend less time watching TV and using my iPhone and enjoy these summer months.
2. Lose weight! I’d really love to lose 15-20 pounds over the next 3 months.
3. Paint!! I want to paint my front door, bathroom vanity, and kitchen!
4. Travel into DC to enjoy the city (monuments, museums, restaurants, etc.).
5. Attend a few baseball games (Nationals and Frederick Keys).
6. Take some time off work and truly vacation.
7. Get organized and ready for the 2016-2017 academic year.
8. Update our basement bathroom and a house project plan for the next few years.
9. Eat seasonally and try out some new recipes.
10. Show Magnolia all that summer has to offer (splash pads, trips to the aquarium, long walks, Popsicles, you name it!).