I love connecting with soon-to-be first time moms! It takes me back to the excitement, joy, and nerves that filled the nine months leading up to my daughter’s arrival. I loved preparing for baby! I loved setting up her nursery and making sure we had everything we needed prior to her arrival.
I had a good sense of what we needed, but I definitely looked to other parents to tell me which items were best. Who knew there were so many different brands and products! Holy moly! Although we did a pretty good job of buying only what we needed, we learned quickly which items were necessary and which we could do without.
When we were looking for a stroller, I knew I wanted a stroller that our infant car seat could click into and was easy to push. Although I had heard amazing things about the Bob Stroller line, I ended up buying a stroller and car seat combo system. Five months after Magnolia was born, right around when I wanted to start running again, we decided to buy the new Bob Revolution Flex. Instantly, I knew the Bob Revolution Flex was perfect for our family! The stroller drove smoothly, the handle bar adjusted for height, it was perfect for running, and my daughter loved riding in it!
When I was pregnant, a friend of mine not only recommended the Bob Revolution, but she also recommended that I bypass the single Bob and spend the money on the Bob Revolution Duallie. I thought the advice was odd. Why would I buy a stroller for two if I was only pregnant with one child? Sure I wanted to have more kids, but I thought it would be extremely odd to push one kid around in a double stroller.
We have loved our Bob Revolution Flex and I was extremely excited when Britax approached me to see if I would be interested in trying the Bob Revolution Flex Duallie. Neal and I really hope to have another baby, but in the meantime I knew we’d use the Duallie for long walks with friends. One of the reasons I love the Bob line is that it makes family exercising enjoyable! The stroller is so smooth, my daughter loves riding in it, and it moves well on any terrain. We go for a walk as a family almost every single night and go on lots of walks with our friends.
The Bob Revolution Flex Duallie is significantly larger than the Bob Revolution Flex. The one downside to the Bob Revolution line is that they are not easy to move when folded down. They are definitely bulky and the Bob Revolution Flex Duallie is wide. I haven’t pushed it through a door yet, but when I carry it inside, I definitely have to turn it sideways.
Last week, after the Bob Revolution Flex Duallie arrived in the mail, I snapped on the wheels (all you have to do to put the stroller together) and called up a friend to go for a long walk. We actually went on three long walks last week with friends and have another walk planned for this weekend! The double stroller has been so great for fitness activities outside with friends who also have kids. The Bob Revolution Flex Duallie fits two kids comfortably, allows both kids to recline, and has a storage basket under the stroller to hold diaper bags.
Obviously, I hope to one day add the infant car seat adapter to the Bob Revolution Duallie, but for now, we love having the ability to go for walks or runs with friends. The Bob gear website comes fully equipped with access to various stroller accessories, like infant car seat adapters, snack & drink holders, travel accessories, weather accessories, and fitness accessories. Bob also has a Fitness Center, where parents are provided with exercise ideas and inspiration on getting going with BOBgear products. My friends always rave about the Fit4Mom stroller exercise classes, and I’m hoping to find a local group sometime this summer.
If you’re pregnant, a new mom, or looking for a new stroller, I cannot recommend the Bob Strollers enough! We have loved using our Bob Revolution Flex the past 21 months and have enjoyed our first week using the Bob Revolution Flex Duallie. I am thankful for the chance to try the Bob Revolution Flex Duallie and know that our investment in the Bob Revolution Flex was well worth it!
2016 BOB Revolution Flex Upgrades
- Fashions: Colors for the single include Black, Lagoon, Canyon, Meadow and Red (Target Exclusive); Colors for the duallie include Black, Lagoon, Canyon, Red (Target Exclusive).
- Increased Maneuverability and Comfort: The 2016 BOB Revolution Flex’s swiveling front wheel allows for superior maneuverability but also locks forward for increased stability when jogging or if the terrain turns tough. Fitness-minded families, who may split the stroller’s use between walking, jogging and running, can opt for a jogging stroller that offers swivel and locking capabilities.
- Guaranteed Safety: The 2016 BOB Revolution Flex is compliant to New ASTM Testing Standards. It also includes a nine-position adjustable handle, improved Quick-Release on Front & Back Wheels, more upright seating, independent shocks & adjustable suspension, and air-filled tires on high-impact polymer wheels.
2016 BOB Revolution Flex Jogging Safety Tips
- Limit the use of the stroller to walking activities for children less than 8 months old. From 0-8 weeks, the use of an Infant Car Seat & Adapter is encouraged. Children are unique and develop at different rates. Most don’t have neck strength for jogging motion until 8 months.
- If your stroller has a swivel front wheel, you MUST lock it forward. This provides greater stability for your stroller and helps to prevent the possibility of tipping over.
- Make sure to use the stroller’s Wrist Strap while doing any type of exercise and lock the parking brake any time the stroller is stopped. This will provide added security during your workout routine.
I was not paid to write this blog post. All opinions are my own. I purchased the Bob Revolution Flex in 2014 and was provided the Bob Revolution Duallie this year.