Our weekday mornings can be a little hectic, but over the past 6 months I’ve learned to use our evenings to prepare for the next day. Whether I’m packing our lunches, laying out our clothes, or reading a book instead of answering e-mails, making the most of our evenings has made our weekday mornings so much more enjoyable. Sure, there are plenty of nights when I have no desire to prepare for the next day, but I always regret it the next morning. Here are 10 things every working mom should do before bed to make the mornings a little easier.
1. Enjoy a healthy dinner
2. Go for a quick walk before the kids go to bed (or find a walking group for after the kids go to bed)… Ideally when it’s warmer and sunnier outside.
3. Clean and close the kitchen (ask your partner to help).
4. Pack your and your children’s meals for the next day (bottles, snacks, lunches, etc.).
5. Lay out your and your kid’s clothes.
6. Pack or layout your workout clothes (heck, I sleep in mine).
7. Set your alarm for 15 minutes before you’d like to wake up. This will give you a few extra minutes to yourself before the kids get up or, like me, it’ll give you time to snooze.
8. Put down your cell phone.
9. Pick up a book or magazine.
10. Drink a big glass of water.