The sun is shinning again here in the Washington, DC and boy did we get some snow these past two days! Friday morning, after heading into work for a few hours, I picked up Magnolia from daycare and hunkered down for the blizzard of 2016 (Snowzilla for those who follow the Capital Weather Gang). We got 32 inches of snow where we live in Montgomery County, with most getting at least 20 inches in the DC area.
I love snow days, but I’ll admit that I was a little bummed this blizzard arrived on a Friday afternoon. I’m all about a Tuesday snow storm… You use the weekend to get ready at home, crank out a few things at work on Monday, and enjoy a few days snowed in at home… perfection! Still, I was excited to have a half day off work on Friday and a weekend with my family.
With a few days snowed in, I saw it as a perfect opportunity to get some things accomplished around the house. I didn’t have a set plan, but I knew I needed to get some things done. Well, here are 10 ways I should have used our snow days and how I’ve actually used them…
I should have….
- Cleaned our bathrooms
- Vacuumed the house
- Organized old photographs
- Made freezer meals for the weeks ahead
- Binge watched The Honorable Woman, Freaks and Geeks, or Friday Night Lights on Netflix
- Organized our storage room
- Given myself a pedicure
- Done a workout DVD
- E-mailed and/or called old friends
- Read or listened to my current books
- Took a 2 hour nap on Saturday and Sunday
- Played with Magnolia a ton
- Ate a lot of cheese and crackers
- Drank some delicious beer
- Watched The Martian (SO GOOD)
- Dug our 2 cars out of the snow
- FaceTimed with my family
- Spent way too much time on Instagram
- Watched Iowa basketball and both football games
We’ve had a really wonderful weekend and I’m thankful for the snow days, even if I didn’t use them as I should have. Thankfully, Neal and I just found out we’re also off Monday, so I might have to redeem myself and get a few things done around the house. We’ll see how that goes. I at least want to clean the bathrooms and vacuum. Here’s to another snow day!!