Week 3 of my Healthy Holidays Challenge was awesome!! I’ll admit, getting back into my workouts and healthy eating routine after being sick was difficult. It’s amazing how quickly you can fall out of good habits, but what’s scarier is how bad things can get if you don’t get back on the train.
I’ve been there one too many times. I fall off the wagon, for whatever reason, and then get comfortable with my unhealthy habits. It’d be too hard to turn things around, so weeks would go by before I’d decide that enough was enough. I’d feel guilty, discouraged, and out of control.
Being sick is obviously different than emotional eating, as it isn’t something you can control, but it was still really important for me to get back on the wagon. I started by planning out my workouts and then buying groceries for the week ahead.
My workouts this week were awesome, my eating was pretty good, and I loved enjoying Thanksgiving without worrying about my weight or what I was eating. I thoroughly enjoyed the holiday and still lost weight!! I lost 2 pounds this week and am feeling great! Down 2.7 since the start of my Healthy Holidays Challenge.
Goals For Week 3
1. Eat only when I’m hungry, watch my portion sizes, and focus on veggies — Looking back, my eating wasn’t 100%, but I made more good choices than bad choices. I definitely watched my portion sizes and tried to focus on veggies throughout the week.
2. Workout at Orange Theory twice — Yes!! My workouts at Orange Theory were awesome. I struggggggled on Monday, but I did it! I got back on the wagon. My Wednesday workout was awesome.
3. Push myself during the 5 mile Turkey Trot — I rocked the house during this race! I was really proud of myself.
4. No sweets or Starbucks during the work week (except Thursday) — I had a peanut butter kiss cookie on Wednesday and a few bites of cookie dough Wednesday night, but the rest of the week I was good about staying away from sweets.
5. Send our family Christmas cards — Sadly no. My goal is to get this done this weekend.
6. Create Neal’s and my “Countdown to Christmas” calendar — I can’t wait to share this with y’all Tuesday! We’re excited to make the most of this holiday season!
Friday – Rest Day (3,733 steps)
Saturday – Run Under The Lights 5K Walk (9,489 steps)
Sunday – Rest Day (6,541 steps)
Monday – Orange Theory (9,162 steps)
Tuesday – Rest Day (5,757 steps)
Wednesday – Orange Theory (10,891 steps)
Thursday – Alexandria Turkey Trot 5 Miler (16,551 steps)