I was really sick this week. Monday was by far the worst. I had really high fevers, no appetite, and I slept most of the day. I went back to work Tuesday and Wednesday, which was fine, but I had to take yesterday off as I was still really sick. This morning I’m actually feeling pretty good. I still have coughing fits every once and a while, but overall I’m feeling better. I didn’t weigh myself this morning for obvious reasons. Gain or loss, it doesn’t really matter as I was sick.
Neal and I have a pretty mellow weekend ahead of us. Saturday we’re having our washing machine fixed, watching the Iowa game, and maybe running a 5K (maybe!). Sunday we’re pretty much home, which will be nice! I’m really hopeful to use this weekend to get back on the wagon and that come Monday I’ll feel like myself again. Just in time for Thanksgiving week!!
We’re still finalizing our plans for Thanksgiving Day. I’m working Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday but will be off Thanksgiving Day and Friday (Iowa vs Nebraska day). We’re running the Alexandria Turkey Trot Thursday morning and spending the rest of the day with our dear friend Becky! Becky and I have some fine plans for that wine I bought a few weeks ago, including a blackberry wine reduction for cheesecake. I’m really looking forward to cooking with her.
Well it’s on to week 3!! My goals are created, pending a full recovery, and I’m looking forward to moving forward. Can y’all believe next week is Thanksgiving?
Week 2 Goals Revisited
1. Get better! – I am definitely feeling better, not 100%, but better. I had to take 2 days off work this week, but I’m so glad I did. I needed the rest.
2. Focus on fueling my body (smoothies, soups, salads, etc) – I’ll fully confess that I didn’t each much (aka essentially anything) Sunday or Monday. I ate as best I could the rest of the week. I was craving sandwiches like whoa, which was a little weird. I didn’t eat enough most days, but I ate when I could and ate pretty healthy.
3. No sweets or Starbucks during the work week – I didn’t have any Starbucks, but I had a glorious chocolate chip cookie on Wednesday.
4. Order our family Christmas cards – Yes!!! and I’m obsessed with them. I ended up ordering them through Simply to Impress, which I got a random mailer for in the mail with a 40% off coupon and free shipping. I hope they turn out great. Should arrive early next week.
5. Finish my November Book of the Month – Sadly no. I didn’t have much time to read. I was either working or sleeping.
I didn’t workout this (work) week, but I did get some good steps in. I try to move as much as a I could, when I could. I’m still signed up for the 5K Saturday, but we’ll see if I’m up for it. May be unwise.
Friday – 60 minute Orange Theory Class + 9,082 steps
Saturday – 9,365 steps
Sunday – 9,357 steps
Monday – 745 steps (sick as a dog)
Tuesday – 5,384 steps
Wednesday – 7,643 steps
Thursday – 5,143 steps