The Bump – It’s hard to believe we’re at 40 weeks!! What a difference 35 weeks makes!
Movement – For 3 weeks now I’ve been saying that the baby is running out of room, but holy moly, she’s really running out of room. It’s a little scary how much she makes my skin stretch when she moves.
Baby Prep – Neal and I cleaned our bedroom yesterday and moved our Halo Bassinest to my bedside. Can’t wait to put our baby in it! I’m kinda obsessed with this Bassinest!
Maternity clothes – My clothes are definitely too small and I’m a little nervous about the outfits I’ll have to come up with for the work week ahead, but the end is near!
Food cravings – Just food. Not going to lie. I’m just hungry. Most days last week looked something like this….
- Breakfast – 2 eggs, 2 MorningStar veggie sausage, and a bagel thin
- Lunch – Leftovers (Smoked Gouda Manicotti for example) and a side salad
- Snacks – Greek yogurt, a piece of fruit, and hummus with pita chips
- Dinner – Protein, starch/grain, and veggies (Salmon, baked potato, and cucumber salad for example — Recipes coming this week!)
- Dessert (some nights) – Something sweet (homemade brownie and vanilla ice cream for example)
Workouts – Lots and lots of walking! I walked the most yesterday, walking 2 miles in the morning and 3 in the evening.
Sleep – I’ve been sleeping pretty well. I get up 2-3 times a night to pee, which is normal. I slept in my bed 6 out of the 7 nights and in the recliner chair one night.
Symptoms – Lots of pressure and some cramping. No contractions that I know of.
Thoughts and feelings – I’m feeling pretty darn good physically but am incredibly eager to have our daughter. I was emotional last week at the thought of being pregnant for 2 more weeks but as I close out my 40th week of pregnancy I’m really at peace with whatever happens! I look forward to my appointment this week and creating a plan with my doctor in case she doesn’t arrive this week. The practice I am with looks to induce during weeks 41 or 42 if and when necessary. Our ultrasound on Tuesday will let us know if the baby is ok staying put for another week or two.