I love beans. I mean, I really love beans! I love how versatile they are and all the ways you can use them in cooking. One of my favorite bean recipes is hands down my chipotle black bean dip! It is creamy, spicy, and a little tangy… it’s just perfect!! Now if you’re not a spice lovin’ person, no worries! You can tone down the heat level quite a bit by reducing the amount of chipotle you add to the recipe.
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 15.5oz cans of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions over medium heat in oil until translucent. Add cumin to the onions and allow the spice to cook with the onions for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (I used my Vitamix) or large food processor, including sauteed onions, and combine until smooth. For additional heat, add a second chipotle pepper. For less heat, only add adobo sauce.
- Serve with chips or carrots. Great hot or cold! This dip is also amazing in tacos or quesadillas.