After a long day, I often look for a dinner that’s easy to make, full of flavor, and incredibly filling. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a creature of habit and tend to rotate the same 6 dinners week to week. Though I might throw a new dish into the mix, Neal and I have our go-to favorites…
- Homemade pizza
- Pasta with sauce or spinach and parmesan cheese
What I love about cooking though is that you can do so many things within a dish. If I’m craving Greek, Mexican, American, or Italian food, I can essentially take any of my go-to dinners and recreate them to fulfill my cravings. In the same way, I love taking a product and transforming it! Sure, I could have a black bean burger, but why not transform it into something new and fun? Enter MorningStar Farms’ products! Whether you go meatless every day, or every now and then, MorningStar Farms makes it easy to eat smart and to get creative in the kitchen. One of Neal’s and my favorite products is the Spicy Black Bean Burger, which is wonderful on a potato roll topped with cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes, but we also love adding it to one of our go-to dinners, quesadillas. I start by placing a tortilla on the grill and topping it with shredded cheese. While the cheese melts, I microwave one Spicy Black Bean Burger for 45 seconds and then mash it up using a fork. Next I add the burger crumbles to the quesadilla and top with a second tortilla. As Neal and I have a quesadilla grill, it only takes about 2 minutes to toast both sides of the quesadilla. You can also make this in a pan, flipping the quesadilla once to toast the other side. This dinner is so incredibly easy to make and is incredibly delicious! The MorningStar Farms Black Bean Burger adds spice, protein, and veggies to our basic quesadilla, elevating it to a whole new level. This dish is just one example of a way you can transform a favorite product into a whole new meal! Sure it’s a black bean burger, but who says that burger has to go in between two buns? MorningStar Farms has a number of new products that can be transformed into a variety of fun and creative dishes!
Buffalo Chik Patties
- Pizza – Top your pizza crust with Laughing Cow Blue Cheese, a Buffalo Chik Patty, diced celery, and extra buffalo sauce
- Salad – Top your salad with a diced Buffalo Chik Patty, celery, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and blue cheese dressing
Mediterranean Chickpea Burger
- Sandwich – Stuff warm pita bread with a Mediterranean Chickpea Burger, lettuce, tomato, and tzatziki sauce
- Salad – Top your salad with a diced a Mediterranean Chickpea Burger, feta cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, and balsamic dressing
Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burger
- Pasta – Crumble a Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burger over sautéed spinach and bowtie pasta
- Pizza – Top your pizza crust with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and a crumbled Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burger
Original Veggie Sausage
- Eggs – Sauté mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions with two Original Veggie Sausages. Serve with over easy eggs or make into an omelet
- Pizza – Top your pizza crust with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, bell pepper, black olives, mushrooms, and crumbled Original Veggie Sausage
With 30+ products and 600+ recipes, MorningStar Farms has even more ways to eat smart. These are just a few ways I like to transform dinners, but new ideas pop into my head all the time! The key is being willing to take risks and to trust the flavors you love.
Let me know your favorite MorningStar Farms product in the comments below for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/5-6/30/2014.
Be sure to visit the MorningStar Farms brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!