Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah! I hope that each of you have an amazing day, finding joy in the world around you!
At some point today, you are going to realize that 2014 is just around the corner! You’ll probably end up doing one of two things…
- You’ll think back on 2013. You’ll think about what you’ve achieved, what goals you’ve reached, and look back on the goals that were hard to attain.
- You’ll think ahead to 2014. You’ll think about the things you want to change, the things you want to achieve, and how different you want it to be this next year.
So what are you going to do with all those thoughts? What are you going to do over the next 34 days to prepare for 2014? Now is the time to start planning for 2014!
1. Acknowledge all of the great things you’ve done in 2013. It can be easy to focus on what you haven’t achieved, so before you think to 2014 make a list of your 2013 accomplishments.
2. Make a plan for the remainder of 2013! Don’t discount all that you can achieve in the next 34 days. Even if your goal is to maintain your weight over the holidays, that’s an awesome goal! Don’t throw in the towel and plan for a fresh start in 2014. Make a list of goals for these next 34 days and work towards them!
3. Use the rest of 2013 to create realistic goals for 2014. Mull over them, digest them, and come up with a list that is attainable.
4. JUST GO FOR IT! The first 3-4 weeks of change can be challenging but just go for it! I personally recommend doing the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge to kick off the new year. The challenge will help you focus on eating clean foods, rid your body of toxins, and achieve max results.
5. Stop living in fear! Now is the time to tackle your fears, to create a plan, and to go after it. Fear stops us from making the most of this life… now is the time to test the waters, take a risk, and do things you’ve always wanted to do!