Back in August, I made a decision to start making my appearance a priority again. These past few years I’ve gotten into a really bad habit of dressing comfy and frumpy. I wore black cotton pants from the GAP instead of dress pants, and wore just about any cotton outfit I could find. As I didn’t feel all that great about my body, I looked for clothes that wouldn’t restrict and would “hide” the parts of my body I was unhappy with.
Do you think dressing that way made me feel any better about my body?? NOPE!! It honestly made me feel worse! I dreaded getting ready in the morning and all too often went through the day feeling discouraged about my outfit.
There are a number of reasons why I’ve been feeling better than ever these past few months (and it’s not because I’ve lost 20 pounds). I’ve stopped dieting, I’ve started taking AdvoCare supplements to support my heart and fitness goals, and I’ve started to put more effort into what I wear. Whether I’m going to work, heading out with friends, or lifting weights at the gym, I have decided to dress up, dress cute, and make every effort to feel great about what I’m wearing and how I look.
As I don’t have hundreds of dollars to spend on clothes, I took a few steps to get my wardrobe where I wanted it…
1. I donated and/or sold the clothes in my closest that I didn’t wear or felt gross in! I threw away every pair of black knit pants I had! Don’t need them, don’t want them!
2. I bought a pair of black pants and a pair of jeans that fit (regardless of what size you’re in). As much as I hated buying a size 18, it’s what fits! Of course I’m going to feel gross in a size 16…
3. I bought a good bra! A GOOD one! Much like the pants, I bought what actually fit.
4. And last but not least, I started accessorizing!!
I’ve had the most fun with #4 because accessories can take one outfit and turn it into 5 different outfits. With a simple switch of the shoes and the addition of a headband, you’ve created a whole new outfit!
Last month I was introduced to, and fell in love with, Violet Love headbands by Rebecca Michaels. I loved their brand mission (“a brand created to remind you to just enjoy yourself”) and could not get enough of their adorable patterns and styles. I mean, how cute is this Sugar Plum Headband??
One of my biggest issues with headbands is that they tend to be too tight and thus cause me to have headaches. Because of the fabric Violet Love headbands are made out of, they fit comfortably around my head and do not restrict whatsoever!
I also love that the you can change up the style of the headband simply by unfolding the fabric to widen the band. There are so many adorable ways to wear them and I love the pop of color they bring to my outfits. Whether I’m going to the gym or wearing them to work, these headbands help to make me feel great about myself and what I’m wearing!
Violet Love is offering a 15% discount to Coffee Cake and Cardio readers with the code: “violetfever” starting today, October 19, 2013 and ending October 21, 2013 at midnight.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED!
Violet Love is also giving away one headband of your choice to one Coffee Cake and Cardio reader!
- TO ENTER: Leave a comment on this post telling me which Violet Headband design you love the most!
- EXTRA ENTRIES: You can earn an extra entry by following both @VioletLoveHeadbands and @CoffeeCakeandCardio on Instagram! Please leave a second comment after doing so (one entry for following both).
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Tuesday, October 22th, 2013 at 7:00AM EST
- ELIGIBILITY: This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. only at this time.
- WINNER: Winner will be e-mailed and announced on Tuesday, October 22th, 2013. If the winner fails to respond to my e-mail after 2 days, a new winner will be randomly drawn.
- DISCLOSURE: I was not compensated for posting this giveaway but I was given a Violet Love Headband to review.