Preparing for the Army 10 Miler started 3 months ago and is capped off with today’s prep!
Tomorrow morning, Neal and I are running the 2013 Army 10 Miler race here in Washington, DC! I’m really excited to run the race and have spent today preparing for tomorrow! I’ve been drinking LOTS of water and will eat a good amount of carbs for dinner tonight. The race kicks off at 8AM, so we’ll be up and out of the door by 5:30AM in order to make it down to the starting line.
The day before a race I also like to lay everything out and thought y’all would enjoy seeing what I prepare and wear on race day.
1. Balega Socks
2. Saucony Guide 5 shoes
3. Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves
4. Basic T-Shirt
5. Nike Element Half Zip Pullover
6. Nike Dry-Fit Capri Tights
7. Champion Sports Bra (Target)
8. Polar RC3 GPS Watch and Heart Rate Strap
9. Violet Love Headband
10. iPhone (I use the RunKeeper App and listen to Jillian Michaels’ Podcast)
11. Gymboss Timer (For interval timing)
12. Boss SIE2i Sport Headphones (hopefully I’ll be able to use these. The Army 10 Miler doesn’t allow iphones, cellphones, etc… it could be a long race without Jillian in my ear)
13. Ziploc Bag (I throw my empty GU in the ziploc that way I don’t get sticky GU all over me)
14. 2 Salted Caramel and 2 Mint Chocolate GU
15. Ultimate Direction Water Belt
16. AdvoCare Spark (I drink this before the race)
17. AdvoCare Rehydrate (I drink this during the race)
18. AdvoCare BioCharge (I drink this during the race)
19. AdvoCare Arginine Extreme (I drink this before the race)
(I am an AdvoCare Advisor if you’re interested in learning more about these products)
For breakfast tomorrow I’ll have 20oz of water with 1 scoop of Arginine Extreme and 1 scoop of Spark, 1 english muffin, and 2 tbsp peanut butter. Throughout the race I’ll drink BioCharge and Rehydrate, eating a GU every 2 miles if needed.
All in all, I’m ready for this race! My goal is to not go over 2 hours. Here we go!!