There’s nothing worse than being at your desk with no healthy snack options to turn to. Although I bring my lunch to work almost every day, there are some days when I just need a little something else. Here are 10 healthy foods I keep at work to help keep me on track.
1. COFFEE! – Having a Keurig on my desk was one of the best decisions I ever made. Not only does it save me money, but it keeps me sane some days. I like to keep a variety of k-cups at my desk so I can cure any craving.
2. Half and Half – If I’m drinking a flavored cup of coffee I love adding in a dash of half and half.
3. Tea – Tea is such a great thing to keep at work. It warms you up, helps you if you’re feeling sick, and can cure a sweet tooth.
4. Spark – My other go to caffeinated drink. Although I start every day off with a glass of Spark, some afternoons I really crave a second serving. I keep both a box of Spark and a shaker at my desk.
5. KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drink – Some days I want something other than water! I love keeping 1 or 2 bottles of KeVita in the fridge. I love taking one with me to meetings.
6. OATMEAL! – Oatmeal is a must! It’s the perfect snack and is great to have around when you’re too rushed to eat breakfast at home. Some days my lunch just doesn’t do it for me, making oatmeal the perfect afternoon snack.
7. Meal Replacement Shakes – I’m not a fan of actually replacing meals with these, but they make great snacks. When I did the 24 Day Challenge I’d have eggs and veggies at home and then a shake when I got into work. Now I love having them mid afternoon as a snack.
8. Nut Butter – I have to be careful with this one, but it’s a great food to have at work. Right now I have Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter at work, which pairs perfect with the apples I bring in from home.
9. Bars – I love keeping KIND Snacks and a few other bars like AdvoBars and Clif bars to mix things up. My favorite bars right now are KIND’s new Healthy Grains Bars. SO yummy!
10. Hard Boiled Eggs – Protein, protein, protein! Each week I like to bring in 2-4 hard boiled eggs for the week. They make great snacks or additions to a protein light lunch