A month on Shakeology. Back in May, I started seeing more and more pictures of Shakeology, a nutrient-dense, superfood-packed protein shake, on my Instagram feed. I had heard about it before, but this was the first time I really got the itch to buy it.
I searched high and low for reviews and found both positive and negative reviews. I struggled for a few weeks, trying to decide whether or not to buy the product, but in the end decided that I wanted to give it a try.
Shakeology can be purchased two ways… You can either buy it one month at a time for $129.99 plus shipping or you can set up a monthly autoship for $129.99 with free shipping. Although you can cancel the autoship at any time, I decided to purchase just one month for the month of June and then to decide what I wanted to do from there.
I was honestly scared and nervous when the package arrived. What the heck was I thinking? Why did I spend $147.99 on a nutrition powder? Am I nuts? … I really doubted my decision to do a month on Shakeology!
I officially started using the Chocolate Shakeology on June 3, 2013. My plan was to…
- Drink Shakeology once a day for 30 days
- Replace one meal a day with Shakeology, adjusting depending on the day
- Eat 1,800 calories a day
- Track all calories in My Fitness Pal, eating 400 calories at my 2 non-shakeology meals and 400 calorie worth of snacks, 200 in the morning and 200 in the afternoon.
- Continue my workouts. Football practice/games 3 times a week and 2 non-football workouts a week
- Weigh myself every Monday
Over the next couple of days I am going to recap each week I was on Shakeology (4 posts total), with weekly results in each post! I will then close out the week with my final results and opinions of my month on Shakeology.
It was a wild ride, and I have a lot to share about my experience using Shakeology, but I’m excited to share my opinion with y’all.