I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately and I just don’t think it’s good to feel so desperate for the weekend!
Shouldn’t our Monday through Friday be great enough that by the time the weekend hits it’s just a time to get things done before starting up the work week again?
I’m definitely guilty of counting down every moment leading up to the weekend these days. I feel like Friday can’t come soon enough, but why is that? Why am I so desperate for the week to end, just wishing and praying for the days to pass instead of enjoying each moment?
What I’ve narrowed it down to is the following…
- Not being organized and on top of my schedule before Monday hits! I need to do a better job of planning out my week over the weekend. What this doesn’t mean is making plans every week night… which leads me to number 2.
- Over committing. I love my friends and I love doing things in DC, but I just can’t make plans every night of the week, especially during football season. I need to take advantage of my free week nights at home.
- Not working out!! Football is fantastic but I also need to get my other workouts in. Lifting weights, taking spin classes, and running. I’ve just got to make it happen. I am not a happy and peaceful person when I don’t workout.
- Not eating clean foods. I know this… I really do… but it always happens that if I’m stressed or overwhelmed I start eating too many processed foods and a LOT of carbs. When I plan out my meal ideas and prep fruits and veggies on weekends, I eat much healthier on weekdays.
- Staying up too late. I’ve got to get to bed earlier. I think I’m desperate for the weekends just so I can get some rest. Going to bed at 11:30PM and waking up at 6AM is kicking my tail!
This weekend I have a few things on my plate, but I hope to use the weekend to clean the apartment, food prep, and to organize myself for the week ahead!
Monday through Friday can be awesome. I want them to be awesome! But I know it takes some work to turn things around. So tell me, are you too desperate for the weekend?