Saturday, I woke up on the fat side of the bed. I was having a fat day! Y’alls words of encouragement were so helpful and they truly helped me to turn my day around.
My plan for Saturday was to…
- Order wisely at lunch with Becky
- Exercise in the afternoon with Neal
- Portion out my dinner, eating more veggies than carbs or protein (Neal and I had a special date night dinner planned)
- Drink lots of water
So how did I do?
- I ordered an egg white omelet with tomatoes, spinach, and avocado. On the side was about a 1/2 cup of potatoes and peppers. Instead of the biscuit on the side, I asked for a slice of sourdough bread with no butter. To drink I had water and a cup of coffee.
- Neal and I ran some errands, but we didn’t workout.
- I think I did a great job portioning out my dinner. You can check it out here.
- I did drink a lot of water! 2 Nalgene bottles and a life water
I’m still not feeling 100% but sticking to my plan on Saturday definitely helped. I wish I had worked out Saturday, but it’s ok, sometimes it just doesn’t happen and you have to move on!
Sunday, Neal and I went apartment searching, YAY!! We checked out two places and both loved once of the places! Seeing the apartments got me so excited about our move. Just 2 1/2 more months! For lunch, Neal and I went to Gordon Biersch. One thing I like about Maryland is that restaurants, at least in Montgomery County, are required to post the calories next to each food item. Let me tell you, you’ll look at a menu completely different when the calories are next to each food item. The veggie pizza was over 1500 calories! I opted for the Mediterranean Chicken with a side of rice and green beans for 564 calories. Not too shabby for a restaurant meal.
To wrap up the day, Neal and I did a Power 90 cardio video, which was a fantastic workout. I always underestimate those videos, but boy do I break a sweat when I do them.
The week ahead is going to be AWESOME! 2 day work week, girls weekend with my best friends, and 4 dates with spin! I can not wait!
|Monday||Cycle Abs||Date Night with Neal|
|Tuesday||Cycle||Cleaning my apartment and grad work|
|Wednesday||Cycle Bootcamp||Stephanie arrives|
|Thursday||ToneDEF Cycle||Girls day with Stephanie, Dinner with Neal and Stephanie|
|Friday||Off||Melissa arrives, head out to West Virginia!|
|Saturday||Hiking/30 Day Shred||Hanging out in WV|
|Sunday||Off||Driving back to DC, Dinner with Neal and Melissa|
For meals, I bought a hodge podge of things leaving me with lots of options..
- Cereal with almond milk
- Sandwich thin with peanut butter and banana
- Eggs and veggies
- Spinach salad with grilled chicken
- Cucumber, feta and balsamic salad with grilled chicken
- Rice cakes
- Greek yogurt
- Pasta with spinach
- Veggie masala burger from Trader Joe’s
I hope y’all have a wonderful week!! What’s on your weekly plan?