It has been almost 3 months since Neal and I got engaged and man have we gotten a lot of planning done! So far we’ve accomplished the following:
- We booked our wedding photographer (first thing we booked!)
- We booked our church and reception venue
- We booked our caterer
- I Bought my wedding dress
- We took fall engagement photos (my sister was our photographer)
- I found my bridesmaid’s dresses
- We booked our rehearsal dinner!! I’M SO EXCITED about our rehearsal dinner at the Nationals Baseball Park!
- I bought Neal’s wedding ring
- I booked a few blocks of hotel rooms for guests
- We ordered part of our Save the Dates
- I found a designer for our wedding invitations (I can’t wait to have these printed!!)
I’m still working on our rentals for our reception, but it’s really starting to come together! With most of the big things completed, we are now able to focus on the fun and creative things! Here’s what we hope to plan this winter:
- Go cake tasting and order our wedding cake
- Register for our wedding gifts
- Create a wedding website
- Start plan our honeymoon (Neal’s got this one)
Pinterest has been my saving grace, as it totally helps to keep my creative juices flowing. You have to take a look at my Wedding Ideas Board. You’ll get a sense of what I’m going for with our country wedding.
- Connect with your fiancée! It is your wedding, so it’s important to be on the same page and to make decisions together.
- Save money as soon as you can! If you even think you’re going to get married some day, start saving. Weddings are expensive.
- Learn how to say no. People will have lots of wonderful ideas, though they may not be what you had in mind. It’s really important to know how to thank people for their ideas and to be ok saying no.
- Create monthly goals. You can’t get it all done at once so creating monthly goals helps you to stay on track and to feel accomplished each month.
- And mostly, have a lot of fun!!
If you’re married or have helped plan a wedding, do you have any advice or tips?
Today’s Meal Plan
Breakfast – 2 slices of bread, Peanut Butter, Jelly, 2 clementines, and coffee
Lunch – tomato and basil soup, 2 clementines
Dinner – Mystery Menu (something at home– I need to use up what I have around the house… kinda boring)
Today’s Workout Plan (#20daychallenge)
40 minutes elliptical and weight lifting during lunch at work