It has been 2 weeks since Neal and I got engaged and man have I learned a lot! It’s almost like people develop a split personality when someone in their life is getting married– a “wedding personality” if you will.
Symptoms of “Wedding Personality”
(note: this is meant to be funny but true)
Negative Side Effects
- Desire to organize and plan wedding as if it is your own
- Desire to make sure the wedding is everything yours was not
- Urge to tell the bride how you are going to impact the wedding without asking if your help is needed
- Urge to analyze the bride and groom’s choices
- Unexplained questioning of the bride and groom’s wedding planning timeline
Positive Side Effects
- Willingness to help the bride and the groom with whatever they need
- Desire to help take any stress off of the bride and the groom
- Desire to make this the happiest day for the bride and the groom
- Unexplainable tears of joy
The truth is, people are just so excited. I completely understand where their excitement stems from and I’m learning to just take everything with a grain of salt. We’re loving where our planning is going and hope to finalize a venue next weekend…
This past Friday, Neal and I headed out to Maryland to see our favorite reception venue before work. The moment we drove onto the property, I fell in love!
Next to the barn is the old farm house, which holds the bridal suite. I’m also considering this as the wedding site, using the path as the isle and having chairs on either side facing the house. It’s an amazing venue and Neal and I both fell in love!
On Saturday morning we headed to venue number 3, which has a stained glass hall for the reception.
This is an amazing venue, but because it is all inclusive, it might be a bit too pricey… we shall see!
Overall, we’re having an amazing time planning our wedding. There are so many idea floating through my head, but I know it’ll all work out in the end. Today Neal and I are running 8 miles, our longest run to date! We’re looking forward to having a good run and crossing this one off our list. This after we’re watching the Redskins game and then going to dinner at the Melting Pot with Liz and Matt.
I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!