The trees are starting to change colors here in Washington, DC.
I just love walking to work and passing all of the shades of yellow, red, and orange.
Especially when I have a Starbucks in my hand!
Lets just say I was one happy girl this morning, especially with a 30 minute run under my belt.
While perusing The Knot, I found this awesome Get-in-Shape Checklist. I LOVE how simple it is.
- Eat 9 servings of fruits and/or vegetables a day
- Exercise each day
- Drink 8 glasses of water
- Take a multivitamin
Today was my first day using the checklist and I thought it was fantastic. Eating 9 servings of fruits and/or vegetables was actually really tough. Here’s what my day looked like…
- Breakfast – Bowl of Special K cereal with skim milk
- Snack – Pear
- Lunch – Veggie patty on 2 slices of potato bread, apple, pumpkin fluff, yogurt
- Dinner – steak tacos in corn tortillas with pico de gallo and sour cream
When all was said in done, I…
- Ate 2 servings of fruit and 3 servings of vegetables (5 out of 9 servings)
- Ran for 30 minutes with Neal this morning
- Drank 8 glasses of water (8 out of 8 )
- Took multivitamin and vitamin D
Focusing on eating 9 servings of fruits and/or vegetables really impacted what I ate today. Looking back I could have added a banana to my bowl of cereal this morning and I could have had either a salad for dinner or the vegetable fajitas. I also need to make sure I refill my Nalgene water bottle at the start of every work day, it makes a big difference in the amount of water I consume each day.
I really like how I’m feeling, even after 1 day. Tomorrow (Tuesday), I am going to add fruit to my breakfast, add a veggie to my lunch, and add veggies to my dinner. With those additions, I should be able to eat my 9 servings of fruits and/or vegetables!