When I was flying to Las Vegas on Friday, I had 7 hours to do some thinking. Thinking can be my worst enemy some times, when I over think, but having some time to think of Friday was really beneficial for me. Thinking is good… but you’ve got to do something with it!
As I move into the next chapter of my life (new job, last year of grad school) I’ve been thinking a lot about my health, my weight, and my weekly routine. I’m so grateful to have lost 50 pounds back in 06-07 and would really like to work to lose another 20-30 pounds and to take my fitness to another level.
This summer I have done a scaleless summer. A time in which I stay away from the scale, focusing more on how I feel, how my clothes fit, and what my body looks like. The summer has been really good, but the past two weeks have been a little rough. Being on vacation in Florida, eating out 7 out of 15 meals last week, and then being in Las Vegas this weekend has left me feeling bloated and sluggish. I need a detox and I need to return to my healthy living routine!
- First things first, I need to figure out a healthy way to detox. I’ve been thinking about Whole Living’s Healthy Detox. I’m thinking of detoxing the week of August 15-21.
- “Detox” my pantry and fridge. I’ve got a lot processed foods in my kitchen these days. When I lost the 50 lbs, I hardly ate any processed foods and I felt GREAT!
- Start cooking again. I found some awesome recipes that I’m really wanting to try. With the cool weather comes the desire to cook!
- Take a look at my weekly workout plan and integrate in a set weight lifting plan.
- Design a weight lifting plan (look over my powerlifting programs from high school and my weight lifting workouts from college–I’ve got a lot of great workouts to utilize)
- Plan Neal’s and my training program for the Hot Chocolate 15K we’re running in December. I’m also thinking about signing up for the Wicked 10K in Virginia Beach … just need to convince Neal to sign up for it too
- Make a list of fall to dos! Wizard and I have a few fun things on the docket and I want to add a few more. I love having things to look forward to. There are also some awesome TV shows I want to watch this fall. Neal’s DVR is going to be pimpin
The way I’m feeling right now, it would be really easy to get discouraged and to continue digging a hole but it doesn’t have to be that way. I can be thankful for my vacations and for my last week in my old job and just move on. Next week is going to be great, as I start my new job and settle back into my apartment. I’m excited to get back to the gym and to have a fresh start. Life. Is. Good.