There’s nothing better than a hot bowl of soup as the weather turns colder and the leaves begin to fall. This fall I am on a quest to try new to me soups and to venture away from my go-to soups. Some weeks I just don’t have the time to search for a recipe, shop for all the ingredients, and make the soup from scratch, so I love being able to purchase groceries from Relay Foods and to have them delivered straight to my house.
The Relay Foods Meal Planner allows you to pick a recipe, to add all those ingredients to your cart, and then to have them delivered straight to your house!! A win, win for those busy weeks! I mean, look at all these soup recipes! As a working mom, I’ve learned that services like Relay Foods help to simplify my days. I love the ease of ordering online and having everything delivered. It’s one less thing I have to do and I love that!
This week I purchased all of the ingredients for the Thai Coconut Lemongrass Soup and it is a winner! You’ve got to make this soup! We added in chicken for a little protein, but you could totally make it without chicken and even without the noodles. It’s so good! Enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 4 small shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4 Tbsp red curry paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 27 oz unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp red chili flakes
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ½ lb carrots, julienned
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 oz Maifun Noodles
- 1 Rotisserie chicken (remove meat and chop)
- In large pot, over medium heat, add oil, shallots, garlic and ginger and sauté about 5 minutes. Add curry paste and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, coconut milk, lemongrass, lime juice, salt, and red chili flakes. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, carrots, and cilantro, cooking for about 5 minutes.
- In a separate pot, bring water to a boil and cook noodles according to package instructions, typically 2-3 minutes. Strain noodles and evenly distribute among each bowl. Ladle broth and vegetables from the pot over each bowl of noodles. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.