I have a confession. Over the past couple of years I’ve stopped putting a whole lot of thought into my personal hygiene. That’s not to say that I’m a dirty person, but I just don’t spend a lot of time getting myself ready for the day. I let my hair air dry more than I’d like to admit, I rarely wear makeup, and my skin is screaming for some nourishment.
Despite creating goals for 2015 a few weeks ago, I’ve realized that I really want to improve my personal hygiene routine this year and thus am adding it to the list. As research suggests that only 8% of Americans successfully achieve their New Year’s resolutions I am trying really hard to create goals that are realistic and livable.
Steps to Taking Better Care of My Whole Self
1. Begin (and stick to) a skin care routine. I’ve used a number of products over the years and honestly, the key for me is just sticking to a routine. My skin is pretty healthy, but I can definitely tell the difference when I wash my face daily and use a moisturizer.
2. Dry my hair!!! This is so simple but man, I feel like a different woman when I blow dry my hair.
3. Keep taking my vitamins! Pregnancy got me into the great habit of taking a prenatal vitamin every day but now, as I move further and further from pregnancy, I want to begin taking a multivitamin. According to Centrum®, “over three quarters of Americans (78%) still believe it is fairly easy to get the recommended daily values of vitamins and minerals by eating a healthy, balanced diet, and nearly half of those polled (48%) are concerned they may not be getting enough of one or more key nutrients from their current diet”. Taking my prenatal daily made me realize just how different I feel when I’m getting the right amount of vitamins for my body. As it’s easy to fall short in my Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Magnesium, and Calcium intake some days, I love that taking a multivitamin fills in all of the holes and ensures that I’m getting what I need.
4. Find makeup that works for ME. I have some awesome makeup, but I never wear it. I want to find some basics and to wear them daily. Even if it’s just BB cream, mascara, blush, and lip gloss. I want to look like myself but to invest more in my makeup routine.
5. Keep drinking LOTS of water! I drank so much water when I was pregnant (and now that I’m breastfeeding) and I want to maintain that! I just feel so much better when I drink enough water.
What’s one step you could take to take better care of your whole self? Do you take vitamins every day?
Visit Centrum® to find the right vitamin for you and to receive a $4 coupon off your next purchase.
I am participating in a sponsored campaign hosted by Centrum®. I received compensation for this post. While all opinions stated are my own, I make no claims about Centrum® as a product or its effectiveness.