So I’m a little calendar obsessed, always have been! I use to search high and low for the perfect day planner when I was in college, using it to map out my daily, weekly, and months commitments. I’d think far into the future, planning out things I’d want to do in various semesters. Not that this has changed at all, but it really started in college when my life was more my own.
After college I was thrilled to shift my “year” from August to August (Academic calendar) to a January to January calendar… but then I started my career in higher education, keeping me in the August to August routine.
The past couple of years I’ve really fallen in love with creating plans, lists, and goals for each season. It’s a new way for me to look at my year and to get excited for what’s to come (clearly I’m a futuristic person… always living in the future).
With the start of spring comes a new list of goals or a spring 2013 bucket list in this case! It’s a great way for me to create goals and to accomplish things within a three month time period.
In Washington, DC
1. See the Cherry Blossoms
2. Attend the Kite Festival
3. Go to Nationals Opening Day!
4. See Jillian Michaels at the Warner Theater
5. Go to an outdoor movie
Around the House
6. Organize my recipes
7. Clean out my toiletries again
8. Swap out winter clothes for summer clothes (and donate clothes I haven’t worn or that don’t fit)
9. Kick tail in my 8 regular season DC Divas football games!
10. Take a DC Yoga Week class
In the Kitchen
11. Make jam at home
12. Pickle something
13. Use the produce from my CSA box in new recipes
14. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo
15. Sight see with Neal in Boston
16. Host a game night
17. Go on 3 dates with Neal