A few months ago Harris Teeter launched their More Lower Prices campaign and I have to tell you, the deals are awesome! I’ve always loved shopping at Harris Teeter, but I didn’t always feel like they had the best deals. When you walk into Harris Teeter now, specials are clearly marked there are More Lower Prices on organic and natural items.
Wednesday night after work, I headed over to Harris Teeter to pick up a few things for dinner. I knew that their vine ripped tomatoes were on sale, so I decided to make a simple caprese chicken dinner.
If you don’t have time to shop in store, with Harris Teeter’s ExpressLane Online Shopping and new Harris Teeter mobile app, you can order your groceries from the ease of your computer or smart phone.
1. Easy to make
Caprese chicken is incredibly easy to make (taking only 20 minutes), is healthy, and is affordable (only 5 main ingredients)! This recipe is great over pasta or lettuce and can be made in advance for the work week. I hope you enjoy it!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced (you can also use cherry tomatoes)
- 6 basil leaves, julienned
- fresh mozzarella, cubed
- Balsamic vinegar reduction
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Season the chicken breasts lightly salt and pepper
- Heat the sauté pan over medium-high heat. When it is hot, add the olive oil, swirling the pan until it is lightly covered with the olive oil
- Add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for 1 minute without moving
- Turn the heat to medium and flip the chicken breasts over
- Cover the pan and cook on medium for 10 minutes
- Turn off the heat and allow the chicken breasts to sit for an additional 10 minutes
- While the chicken rests, slice the tomatoes, julienne the basil, and cut the mozzarella into cubes
- To assemble, mix the tomato, basil, and mozarella cheese together and spoon alongside the chicken breast
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar reduction and enjoy!