Well hi there! I hope each of you had a wonderful summer! Our summer was wild and crazy, but I sure did enjoy the longer days with my family. We spent many nights walking around the lake, enjoyed cooler mornings at the pool, found relief from the heat at Costco every Sunday afternoon, and spent lots of time with our family.
Personally, I was a busy bee! I had an opportunity to attend two professional development institutes and a national conference in June, which were outstanding. I also completed my coaching certification this summer and began working with women from around the world. Launching my coaching business this summer has been such a joyous adventure!
This summer also brought about its fair share of craziness! Our roof was damaged in a storm, I was in a car accident, our AC stopped working a few weeks ago and our HVAC needs to be replaced, I spilled purple paint across our living room floor, and we had a leak in our master bathroom that made its way to our living room ceiling. It got to a point where things just became comical. What this summer taught me, however, is that God is in control. This summer renewed my faith, reminded me of the peace that comes from understanding that I am not in control, and confirmed that laughter is by far the best medicine!
As I begin to say goodbye to summer, I’m really proud of what I’ve been able to accomplish these past 4 months and this year so far. I’ve lost 30 pounds, launched a business I adore, and found a peace I’ve been missing for a very long time. I have so much to share with you all this week and am excited to return to blogging here on Balancing Today!
September 2018 Goals
- Make Magnolia’s 4th birthday (can you believe it?!?) extra special!
- Spend quality time with my mom when she’s in town
- Visit Baugher’s Apple Orchard with my kiddos
- Go on a hiking date with Neal
- Plan out our garden and plant bulbs for spring
- Put away our summer clothes and make a list of fall/winter clothes we’ll need
- Decorate our house for fall
Personal Wellness and Self Care
- Workout at OrangeTheory three times a week
- Go for a run outside once a week
- Meal plan for the week ahead on Sunday
- Use all of the fruits and vegetables in our CSA each week
- Pack lunch and snacks every work day
Lifestyle and Routine
- Listen to 2 audiobooks this month during my commute (Girl, Wash Your Face and Kick Ass)
- Leave work at work
- Enjoy my lunch break outside at least once a week
- Enjoy lots of delicious Oktoberfest and Pumpkin Ale