September was such a fun and joyous month!
We celebrated Magnolia’s 4th birthday (can you believe it?) and were able to spend a couple of weeks with my mom while she was in town. We also celebrated my sister’s new job here in DC and the start of a new school year. It was a really great month!
Looking back on my goals for September, I’m really proud of how much I accomplished! I planned out our garden and planted bulbs with my amazing neighbor, decorated the house for fall, put away most of my summer clothes, listened to Girl, Wash Your Face and Kick Ass, got in some amazing workouts at OTF and outdoors, and began partaking in plenty of fall festivities. As nuts as the start of the school year can be/was, I’m really proud of all I accomplished in September, both professionally and personally.
Don’t get me wrong, the month was full of its moments. There were a couple of lows and many days were I just wanted a break from it all. What I’ve had to learn is to ride out the waves of obligations and to trust that the obstacles are rarely permanent. I’ve had to learn that my kids are equally worn out during the work week and that I’ll never regret slowing down and putting my kids first.
Fall is such a rejuvenating time of year for me. September is the perfect transition period as we say goodbye to summer. I’m really looking forward to the next three months and all that comes with them. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas… goodness, it’s practically 2019. Time is a funny, funny thing!
October 2018 Goals
- Celebrate my 34th Birthday (Eek!)
- Visit Summer’s Farm and Jumbo’s Farm
- Go on a hiking date with Neal
- Take family photos with Stefanie Harrington
- Sell outgrown clothing at TotSwap
- Begin to go through the kids books and toys (downsizing)
- Plan out soups and strew recipes for this fall and winter
Personal Wellness and Self Care
- Workout at OrangeTheory three times a week
- Enjoy an upcoming work retreat/conference
- Open the windows and light my favorite fall candles
Lifestyle and Routine
- Listen to 2 audiobooks this month during my commute (Decluttering at the Speed of Life and Grit)
- Leave work at work
- Enjoy my lunch break outside of my office at least once a week