October was such a happy month for our family! We had so much fun making the most of the early fall weather, visiting local pumpkin and apple farms, celebrating my birthday, and dressing up for Halloween. My goals for October revolved around making the most of the fall activities with my family and making my own wellness a priority. I accomplished almost all of my personal goals, which I was proud of, and am feeling really good as we move into November.
Work has continued to be incredibly stressful and I am working well beyond the hours I had planned for my maternity leave, but it is what it is. I am just thankful I am able to work from home and am able to spend time with Kinnick before moving him to daycare. My main goal for November and December is to treasure the days I am home with Kinnick, even if I am working, and to soak up all of the sweet memories.
So what went well in October? I slowed down and allowed my body to heal. Although I was 3 months postpartum, I was still dealing with some post delivery healing. I was also in a lot of pain from plantar fasciitis, so I went to OrangeTheory less, and when I did go, I backed off on the treadmill. Sitting here today, I am so happy to be feeling almost 100% postpartum and to have little to no pain in my heal! Slowing down was well worth it!
What could have gone better? I wish I had slept more. After having Kinnick, I was pretty good about going to bed right after he did, but I’ve been pretty bad about staying up too late. Now that he’s sleeping through the night (most nights), I feel like I can stay up later. I pay for it, especially on the days he wakes up 1-2 times and on the mornings I have OrangeTheory. I’m sure y’all can relate, but there just aren’t enough hours in a day. Correction, there aren’t enough hours ALONE in a day.
What is on the horizon? I am really looking forward to celebrating the holidays with my 3 year old and seeing the wonder in Kinnick’s little eyes. It’s hard to believe Kinnick will be 4 months old (tomorrow) and to see how much Magnolia has grown since turning 3. It’s just a magical time!
I am also in the thick of studying for the NASM Personal Training Certification. I really enjoy studying, so it’s going well, but it’s hard not having long chucks of time to study. I essentially have to study here and there, between feedings, during naps, and after the kids go to sleep. I am really, really excited to see where this certification takes me! I really want to help others to find wellness at any size!
I am grateful for all that October gave to our family and I am looking forward to the month ahead! Ready or not, here we go! My goals are built around my 2017 New Years goals.
Coming Up In November
- CRLA Conference in Pittsburgh
- Kinnick turns 4 months old
- Alexandria Turkey Trot
- Thanksgiving at home
- Black Friday shopping with my sister
November 2017 Goals
Investing in Family
- Go for walks on the weekends when the weather is nice
- Plan out our Thanksgiving dinner
- Plan some fun activities for Thanksgiving week when we’re all home with the kids
- Design our Advent calendar for Magnolia
- Create a 12 day of Christmas calendar for our family (fun little activities)
Around the House
- Set up our Christmas tree
- Decorate for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving
- Work on our landscaping before the ground freezes (not planting anything)
Prioritizing Personal Wellness
- Make studying for my Personal Training Certification a priority each week
- Workout at OrangeTheory twice a week
- Make healing my plantar fasciitis a priority
- Sit down with a cup of coffee and journal at least once a week
Preparing for the Holidays
- Create a list of presents to buy for the holidays and start shopping for deals
- Wrap presents as I buy them (trying to avoid the night before Christmas wrapping session)
- Plan a Christmas party!!
- Create a holiday bucket list, similar to our fall bucket list
- Prepare for our trip to Nashville, TN