April brought about a lot of change for our family: transitioning Magnolia to a new daycare, switching my work schedule, moving into the third trimester, and managing various things between work and home. I truly believe that God is always in control and that it just takes time for us to see his hand in all that we do. The past month has been difficult for our family, but I am grateful for God’s hand in everything.
With baby boy’s arrival just about two months away, it’s time for me to really start preparing. I created a full list of everything I’d love to get done before he arrives and am going to try to tackle some of it in May. Still focusing on my goals for 2017, I tried to create realistic goals for the month of May within the 6 categories I created in January. My biggest goals for the month ahead are to finish Magnolia’s big girl room, to transition her to her big girl bed, and to finish my maternity leave plan at work.
May 2017 Goals
Investing in Family
- Plan some weekend adventures with Magnolia (strawberry picking, Baltimore Aquarium day trip, etc.)
- Plan a small family outing for Memorial Day weekend
Around the House
- Work on creating our front flower bed
- Clean our loft (it has become a storage area and is a mess)
- Decorate our master bedroom (consider buying a bed frame for our new(er) king size bed)
Prioritizing Personal Wellness
- Listen to 2 audiobooks during my commute (Fight Back with Joy and 20 Ways to Make Everyday Better)
- Continue working out at Orange Theory twice a week
- Eat more veggies
- Visit a few new farmers markets
Focusing On Finances
- Follow our established budget for May
- Share what we learned from the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University here on Balancing Today
Balance This Crazy Life (and share it on the blog)
- Finalize maternity leave plan
- Create a plan for return to office after short term disability leave (6 weeks)
Preparing For Baby (and Magnolia’s big girl room)
- Choose baby’s name!
- Finalize newborn photography with Stefanie Harrington
- Finish putting together Magnolia’s big girl bed
- Decorate Magnolia’s new big girl room (hang curtains, hang pictures)
- Transition Magnolia to her new room!!
Monthly Goals 2017