For whatever reason, I got away from establishing monthly goals over the past year. I don’t know if it’s because 2018 was such a whirlwind at times or that I struggled to focus on a 30(ish) day period, but it was hard for me to plan ahead and stick to my plan.
2019 has had a really great start personally! I am in a season of transition professionally, but I can look back on the past 2 months and see how far we’ve come. There’s exciting things ahead of me professionally, which is thrilling! Personally, I feel much more in control of life, even though we’ve had our hiccups or stressors where and there already this year. I think that’s inevitable, but I don’t feel as defeated as I did in 2018. Win, win!
If you haven’t read my goals for 2019, you’ll want to check them out! I had 6 main goal categories and starting this month I am going to create mini goals within those categories. It’s hard to believe it’s already March, and although I’ve accomplished a lot these past 2 months, I want to make sure I remain focused as I look towards spring and summer!
One of my biggest goals for 2019 is to lose weight! My biggest goal at this point is to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 234 by the first day of summer (June 21, 2019). I’ve made some progress, starting the OrangeTheory Transformation Challenge mid January, but I have a lot more work to do! The challenge ends March 17, so that will be my main focus this month, aside from March Madness at work!!
I’m really excited for the month ahead, finishing the OrangeTheory Challenge, and welcoming Spring! I get so motivated as the weather turns warmer and I really want to channel that excitement! There’s a lot of fun around the corner as we move past winter!
March 2019 Goals
Focusing on my family
- Get back to taking family walks as the weather turns warmer
- Plan some small activities on weekends
- Celebrate my dad’s retirement!
Prioritizing my health and wellness
- Follow-up with my Naturopath doctor
- Take some time, after basketball season ends, to think through my schedule and routine (at work and at home)
- Make adjustments to my routine where needed and share here on Balancing Today
Losing weight and building muscle
- Complete the OrangeTheory Transformation Challenge (March 17)
- Stick to my diet every day, staying as close to plan as I can while traveling for work
- Lose 5-10 pounds
- Create a 100 Days to Summer Plan and share here on Balancing Today
Defining my professional path and purpose
- Finish listening to The First 90 Days and begin creating my plan
- Create a “Purpose Plan”, which I’ll share here, as a product of a webinar I participated in in February
- Continue the NASM Weight Loss Specialist certification
- Explore the path to becoming an OrangeTheory instructor
- Clean out my kids clothes and toys
- Sell items at two Tot Swap sales this month
Traveling (near and far)
- Plan an overnight getaway with my sister for spring break
- Begin planning our family beach vacation!!!!!