This past month pushed me. It pushed me as a mother, it pushed me as a professional, and it pushed me as a wife. It wasn’t an easy month, but this month pushed me to focus on what really matters and forced me to focus on one thing at a time.
The highlights of this month included finding out we’re having a boy, seeing Magnolia grow, learn, and change, going to the Iowa basketball game with Neal, and becoming members of the Methodist Church we’ve been worshiping at this year. There were lots of joyful moments this month!
As I move into March my focus is refreshment. I want to come out of March refreshed, through vacation, cleaning/organizing, and preparing for the baby. Spring seems to be arriving early, so I want to focus on spring cleaning and preparing for the warmer months ahead. I’m really looking forward to my parents coming to town for my spring break and for my sister and her roommate to spend a few days in DC. It’s going to be a fun month!
February 2017 Goals
Investing in Family
- Welcome Gigi and Papa to DC for 7 days for spring break!
- Host my sister and her roommate for the end of their spring break
- Plan an overnight getaway with Neal while my parents are in town
Building a Community
- Schedule our family appointments with a new dentist by our home (didn’t get to it last month)
Prioritizing Personal Wellness
- Enter the season of Lent with self-reflection and repentance
- Continue working out at Orange Theory twice a week
- Visit Massage Envy for a prenatal massage
- Set up times to hang out with my girlfriends
Focusing On Finances
- Continue the Financial Peace University program
- Follow our established budget
- Share our new approach to family meals and meal planning here on the blog
Balance This Crazy Life (and share it on the blog)
- Share the new cleaning schedule we’ve been following for a month here on the blog
- Plan our pre-baby family vacation
Preparing For Baby
- Clean out the guest room (Magnolia’s new room)
- Choose a paint color for Magnolia’s room and paint away!
- Begin to plan for the baby’s nursery (Magnolia’s current room)
Monthly Goals 2017