Are you guys ready for this Make Ahead Mexican Quinoa Taco Bowl recipe? It’s so simple, so delicious, and only has TWO main ingredients! Plus, it’s budget friendly and makes a lot of quinoa.
As I try to balance two children and working full time, making our lunches and dinners for the week ahead of time has been key. Meal prep takes on an entirely new purpose for us with two kids; not having to even think about what’s for dinner after a long day. It’s well worth the effort each weekend to plan, prepare, and cook!
This recipe has two main ingredients… quinoa and pico de gallo. To make things easier, I like buying fresh salsa at the store, but you can also make this delicious pico de gallo yourself!
- 1 26oz bag quinoa (I love Bob's Red Mill)
- 8 cups of chicken stock
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- 4 cups fresh pico de gallo salsa (homemade or store bought)
- Cook the quinoa according to the package. For make ahead meals, I like to cook an entire bag.
- Bring 8 cups of chicken stock to a boil,
- Add 1 bag of quinoa (4 cups) and ¼ cup of taco seasoning to chicken stock.
- Cover, turn the heat down to medium, and cook until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat once fully cooked and allow to cool.
- Add in 4 cups of fresh pico de gallo salsa and stir.
- Serve hot or store in refrigerator until you're ready to serve.
This quinoa is perfect in taco bowls along side taco meat, guacamole, diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and either hot sauce or salsa.
For lunches, add a serving of Mexican quinoa and taco meat to a container. Bring along salsa, guacamole, cheese, and/or sour cream to build your bowl. This would also be great in a mason jar! You can also make a delicious salad with romaine and top with Mexican quinoa and taco meat. Just a few ideas for the work week!
I can’t recommend this dish enough! So easy to make and great for the work week, Taco Tuesday, family dinners, and/or a party!