June was a really wonderful month for our family. As I entered the month of June, I knew that I wanted to get a few things done before the baby arrived, but I also wanted to treasure our last full month as a family of 3. It took me quite a while to find my motivation for baby prep, but I was able to get a lot done last month. I switch the nursery from Magnolia’s nursery to the baby boy’s room and I designed Magnolia’s big girl room. She’s still sleeping in the nursery, but we’re technically ready for the “big switch” when the time comes. Thankfully, the baby will be sleeping by me for a few months, so we’re not rushing to move her to her big girl bed.
I also did a lot of organizing last month. I reorganized our loft, went through tons of baby clothes, moved Magnolia’s play area to our basement, and decorated our master bedroom. I’m really happy with everything I was able to get done before baby.
As a family, we did quite a bit! We went strawberry picking, visited the Baltimore Aquarium, and visited my sister at Penn State. We had a lot of fun and ate plenty of ice cream!
I also made my own wellness a priority last month, getting plenty of workouts in, enjoying some time at the spa by myself, and celebrating the end of the academic year with my dear co-workers at the Bluemont Winery in Virginia. It was a really nice month, even though I struggled at times to manage my stress.
As I look to July, it honestly seems silly to create goals, but I think writing out my thoughts is helpful as I move into a new month. I am so, so, so excited to have this baby and to begin this new chapter. I’m nervous, but it’s exciting knowing that we don’t have to wait much longer.
July 2017 Goals
Investing in Family
- Treasure our last few days as a family of 3
- Find a special way to celebrate Neal’s and my 5 year anniversary (7-7), whether before or after the baby arrives
- Be kind to myself as I navigate being a mom of 2 and splitting my time among the both of them
Around the House
- Ask for lots of help!
- Be ok with the house being messy!
Prioritizing Personal Wellness
- Ask for lots of help!
- Sleep when the baby sleeps (I missed that memo my first time around)
- Listen to what my body needs postpartum (sleep, food, movement, emotional support)
Focusing On Finances
- Follow our established budget for July
- Ask Neal to take the lead this month on our budget/expenses
- Focus on the baby
- Focus on breastfeeding
- Focus on my own wellness and recovery
- Don’t check my work e-mail
- Don’t worry about work
- Don’t think about how quickly the leave is going by
While My Mom Is In Town
- Finish decorating Magnolia big girl room (hang curtains, hang pictures)
- Finish decorating our master bedroom (consider buying a bed frame)
- Finish decorating the baby’s nursery (hang curtains, hang picture frames)
- Use up food in our freezer and pantry
- Make more freezer meals for August and September
Monthly Goals 2017