Well, I have some bad news guys. This Valentine’s Day may not turn out well… Luckily, assuming the world doesn’t end, I’ve come up with a fun list of at-home dates for Valentine’s Day.
With a toddler and a budget, now more than ever there’s reason to celebrate Valentine’s Day at home. As much as I’d love to go out to dinner and a movie with Neal, we’ve never been ones to go out and celebrate Valentine’s Day on the town. I’d much rather spend quality time together at home and to give each other fun little gifts and/or cards.
Now with a daughter, I’m excited to create fun family traditions. She’s still too young to understand the celebrations, so I’m going to save my ideas for another year. Luckly Valentine’s Day is on a Sunday this year, so I know we’ll have a blast during the day with Magnolia and can then enjoy an at-home date after Magnolia goes to bed.
Here are 20 fun and easy at-home dates for Valentine’s Day.
- Create a theme night
- Cook together
- Pamper each other
- Play board games
- Plan a vacation (Oh what I’d give to go on a cruise)
- Make dessert
- Watch a movie (Netflix, Redbox, or On Demand anyone?)
- Go to bed early
- Make cocktails
- Recreate your first date
- Enjoy a dance party
- Whip up some hot chocolate
- Watch your wedding video or look at wedding photos
- Give each other a massage
- Play video games (Mario Party anyone?)
- Order in
- Create a bucket list (day dream)
- Play 50 questions
- Set up a wine or beer tasting
- Binge watch a new show (Can I recommend Blue Bloods?)
Another great idea? Plan a girls night!
How are you planning to spend Valentine’s Day this year (if the world doesn’t end)?