Highlight 1: NuGo Slim Bars
I am SO excited because my favorite nutrition bars are now at Whole Foods in DC. NuGo, who makes a variety of bars also has a line of NuGo Slim bars, which are fantastic!
Thursday I bought two, new to me, flavors, Raspberry Truffle and Brownie Crunch.
With 170 calories, 15 grams of protein, and 10 grams of fiber, the raspberry truffle bar was a gold medal in my book.
Highlight 2: Hill County BBQ
Thursday was also uber exciting because Neal, Matt, and I went to dinner at my favorite BBQ place, Hill Country BBQ.
Y’all have no idea, but this place is amazing. For dinner I ordered brisket, German potato salad, baked beans, and a side of corn bread. YUMMY! I had plenty of left overs, which somehow Neal ended up with, but that’s probably for the better though.
I also had a few bites of Neal’s dessert, red velvet cake.
Highlight 3: Valentines Day Cookies
At Target, I saw these cherry flavored M&M’s and thought “hmmm. These might be good in a chocolate chip cookie recipe”, so I went for it!
Cherry and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg
- 1 (12 ounce) package Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 package of cherry m&m’s
1. PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
2. COMBINE flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and m&m’s. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. BAKE for 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Let me just tell you… my house smelled AWESOME! I wanted to bottle up the scent and make my own candles.
Highlight 4: Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Neal
Saute diced chicken in a little olive oil and 1 tbsp Italian seasoning.
Boil pasta according to package.
Combine light alfredo sauce, pasta, and chicken…and voila!
One happy fiance!
Highlight 5: Saturday night beer (and grad work)
Should I have a beer while working on grad work? Ummm, yes! My weekends these days are dedicated to grad work.
Oh yeah, great decision!! Grad work is definitely piling up and although I hate to admit it, it’d kicking my tail this semester. I am learning a lot but boy am I busy. The next 5 weeks are going to be really intense, but it’ll all be done before I know it! The highlights of my week make it all worth it!
What was the highlight of your week?