A number of friends and readers have asked me for gift ideas for a 1 year old, so I was excited to share Magnolia’s favorites. These gifts are perfect for the holidays or for first birthdays. Some of these gifts are practical (boots and socks) and others make my daughter so happy. Many of these gifts bring endless giggles and encourage her to learn and grow. I hope you enjoy this holiday gift guide for a 1 year old.
1. Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes Musical Toy: This little music box is perfect for road trips, meals out at restaurants, or stroller rides. It lights up and plans a few classical songs. Magnolia has loved this toy since about 6 month.
2. Where’s Spot — Dear Zoo — Christmas Tales: My daughter is literally obsessed with these books. She can find them buried under a pile of books. They may her laugh and they make us laugh. I can’t recommend these books enough. Perfect stocking stuffers too.
3. Carter’s Outdoor Boot: These boots are perfect for winter and the snow. My daughter walks well in them and I love the colors.
4. Grand Walk-In Kitchen and Grill: We have the Pottery Barn Retro Kitchen at home, which my daughter loves, but she is obsessed with this walk-in kitchen at daycare. She is almost always in it and can play with it for hours.
5. Little People See N’ Say Farmer: This toy is also one of Magnolia’s favorites. She loves all the animal noises and that it sings “Old MacDonald”. It’s actually pretty small, which is nice. I remember mine as a kid being a lot bigger.
6. Mega Blocks: These are a new toy, but she loves knocking over what I’ve built. She isn’t really building things herself yet, but I know she’ll love that as she gets older. The blocks come in primary colors and in pinks and purples.
7. Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Trike: I just love that my daughter can grow into this trike. It’s fun for her to ride in and I know she’ll love pedaling herself as she grows. It’s great for family walks.
8. Cartoon Character Socks: How cute are these? I love them and they’re really great for her boots.