My life has been a little out of sorts this week. With football being over, I haven’t really known what to do with myself… and in all honesty, I’m a little bored.
Yesterday after work I did what I do every Tuesday. I raced home, picked up my CSA box, took Theodore out for a walk, changed into my workout clothes… and then stared at my football stuff. It just felt wrong not racing out the door for my 7:30PM practice.
I didn’t think it’d be this hard to transition out of football season but boy has it been a challenge. I miss the 6-8 hours of workouts a week, I miss seeing my team mates, and I miss having a purpose beyond my day job and life at home. As depressing as it sounds, I’m somewhat mourning the end of the 2013 season.
I’ve had two days to wander around aimlessly, eating pizza and what not along the way, but now it’s time to reorganize my life and to get back on track! Here some of the things I’m working on in order to have a more stable post-football life…
1. Return to creating weekly plans. I don’t know how detailed my plans are going to be just yet, but I know I need them.
2. Go to bed earlier. Y’all, I have been staying up so late! With football practice ending around 9:30PM, I’d come home to a laundry list of things I needed to get done. Going to bed at 12AM and then waking up at 5AM just isn’t working! I really want to be in a place where I can be in bed each night by 10PM.
3. Eat clean! My diet has been all over the place this year. I have honestly lost my direction but thankfully I am meeting with a sports nutritionist tomorrow, which I’m thrilled about. More on that soon!
4. Track my calorie burn! I think it’s so important to know how many calories I’m actually burning versus what My Fitness Pal or the elliptical machine think I’m burning.
5. Complete the Turbo Fire program this fall! I am starting the program on August 1 and am really looking forward to seeing my results come November!
6. Start training for the Army 10 miler! Neal and I will both be running the 10 mile race in October, so it’s time to start training for it! I’ll be sharing my training program with y’all soon.
7. Go on more walks with Neal and Theodore. We love going on walks and I want to continue this moving forward.
8. LOSE WEIGHT!!! I’m so sick and tired on saying that. I’ve got to figure this out and to break out of this plateau/slump I’ve been in.
I had wanted to go scaleless this summer and although I planned on going semi scaleless, I’ve found that I really need to weigh myself once a week as I have some really big goals. Weighing myself, and sharing it publicly, helps keep me motivated and on track. I’ve decided to weigh in every Wednesday, to share about it on my Instagram.
Although it has been difficult transitioning out of football season, I’m really excited about all the late summer and fall have to offer! More on my diet and exercise plan coming soon…