January was such an awesome month! Looking back, I’m just so proud of everything I was able to achieve and manage. After new years, I returned to work full time postpartum and entered the final stretch of preparing for the NASM Certified Personal Trainer exam. Passing the exam last weekend was such a thrill and I am excited to work towards my goal of helping others to find their love and joy for exercise and wellness.
My goal for 2018 is to simplify and January was such an important piece of that goal. It’s so easy for me to take on too much, and while what’s on my plate may not change, I know I can change the way I do things! Last month I had to simplify my commitments in order to study. I had to say ‘no’ more while putting lots of things on the back burner and you know what, it all worked out!
This year I am focused on family, personal wellness and self care, weight loss, homemaking, and lifestyle and routine. I know those are broad categories, but I wanted to really hone in on the areas of my life that matter to me, the areas that deserve to be simplified, and where I want to be by 2019.
Aside from studying last month, returning to work full time was a huge achievement. I have lots to share on that transition, but lets just say it’s going well! Not much else occurred last month. The kids are doing really, really well and I just can not believe Kinnick will be 7 months this month! WHERE. DOES. THE. TIME. GO? Both kids are growing and thriving, and while I miss them very, very much during the day, I know we’re all doing well. Just trying to keep the flu out of our house this winter! Fingers crossed!
So what went well in January? Aside from passing my exam and returning to work full time, I lost 5.5 pounds last month! It was a great start to the year and I’m already feeling better! I bought myself some new workout clothes at Lane Bryant. I really love their LIVI Active line!
What could have gone better? I could have slept more… but the sleep deprivation was worth it!! Kinnick is still waking up in the middle of the night, 2-3 times a week, but I also haven’t been great about going to bed early. Something I can definitely work on! Last month I also chose not to work out at 5AM, using that time to study instead, so it’ll be fun adding workouts back in this month.
What is on the horizon? Work is ramping up, so I have some extra things on my plate this month. It’s a fun time of year, especially as we get closer to March Madness! We don’t have anything big going on this month, but I’m looking forward to settling in post-exam as I begin to work on specific goals and tasks for 2018.
I am grateful for all that January gave to our family and I am looking forward to the month ahead! Ready or not, here we go! My goals are built around my 2018 new years goals.
Coming Up In February
- Kinnick turns 7 months old
- Take family photos with Stefanie Harrington (check out Kinnick’s newborn photos from the hospital!)
- Hair appointment with Shelby Anderson
- Neal’s parents visit from Iowa
- Some travel/events for work
February 2018 Goals
- Go on a Valentine’s date with Neal (not necessarily on Valentine’s Day)
- If weather/weekend allows, take the kids up to the children’s museum in Baltimore
- Swim lessons for the kids
- Go through kids clothes and toys and sign up for Tot Swap
- Put away our Christmas tree (eek!)
- Start my multi-month project/plan to go through and organize each space in our house
Personal Wellness and Self Care
- Sit down with a cup of coffee and journal at least once a week
- Take a bath or use a face mask once a week
- Use essential oils at work (I have this usb diffuser)
- Workout at OrangeTheory twice a week
- Make healing my plantar fasciitis a priority
- Set up physical therapy for my right knee (football injury I’ve tried ignoring for years)
- Track everything I eat
- Prepare meals and snacks on Sundays for the week ahead
- Pack lunch and snacks the night before Monday-Friday
- Only weigh myself at my weekly weigh-in on Fridays
Lifestyle and Routine
- Listen to 2 audiobooks this month during my commute (The Gift of Done and Get Your Sh*t Together)
- Leave work at work
- Get back into my blogging groove after taking some time off last month to study