I hope y’all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and a great weekend! Magnolia has had a nasty cold/virus since Wednesday, so we spent most of the week here at home. You may have seen it on my Instagram, but Magnolia was pretty miserable. It was a tough couple of days for her!
On Saturday I ventured out to Costco to pick up a few staples and came home with this beautiful wreath for our front door. The smell is amazing and I just love the contrast against our door. I love it!
Yesterday Magnolia was feeling a lot better, so we went out for a walk along the lake in order to get some fresh air. The weather has been absolutely amazing these past few weeks and although it’s getting colder, the bright and sunny days are just beautiful.
I spent the rest of the day yesterday preparing meals for the week ahead and cleaning the house (oh, and sneaking in a nap). I have gotten back into the habit of preparing meals for the week ahead on Sunday and have started creating new recipes for the work week. Although I enjoy a basic salad or protein over brown rice for lunch, it’s nice being able to bring new, flavorful meals to work each day. These dishes also double as great dinners for the whole family, which is perfect on busy nights when I don’t have much time to make dinner from scratch.
This month I’ve made lots of lunches using quinoa as the main ingredient. Quinoa is so easy to make, is a good source of protein, and is a pretty blank palate to work with. I really love the Bob’s Red Mill Quinoa, any of their varieties! Yesterday I made two quinoa dishes, including these delicious Enchilada Quinoa Bites!
The ingredients are simple, and although I used the black bean crumbles, you could easily use ground turkey or beef in this recipe.
This dish has 6 ingredients: Quinoa, black bean crumbles (or protein of choice), cheese, green onions, enchilada sauce, and eggs (not pictured).
With everything combined, you scoop the ingredients into non-stick muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes. You can then enjoy them hot or allow them to cool before storing them for the work week.
These Enchilada Quinoa Bites are so easy to make, reheat well throughout the week, and taste delicious! They are perfect for work week lunches! I hope y’all enjoy!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 cups broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package of Black Bean Crumbles
- 1 cup shredded cheese, divided (cheddar or pepperjack)
- ¼ cup green onions, diced
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine quinoa and broth and cook according to package directions. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, eggs, black bean crumbles, cheese, green onions, and enchilada sauce.
- Fill prepared muffin cups with the quinoa mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes and then gently remove from pan.