As I shared last week, I am reinvesting in my own wellness. Last week I took some time to write down how I felt throughout the day with the goal of pinpointing those daily moments that cause me to struggle with my health and wellness. I am going to talk about my findings at length later this week, but one of my main takeaways was to eat more whole foods. I have gotten so far away from eating simple and wholesome foods and I want to get back to that! I feel so much better when I eat whole foods and as part of my quest to invest in my wellness, I’m striving to change what I’m eating.
Yesterday was my first day implementing my findings from last week, and although it was only one day, I ended the day feeling outstanding! My goal for today is to end the day feeling just as I did yesterday. Here’s a look at my Monday for today’s Day in the Life.
Day in the Life – October 24, 2016
4:15AM – Alarm goes off
4:20AM – Roll out of bed and get ready
4:34AM – Hop in the car and head over to OrangeTheory
5:00AM – OrangeTheory workout begins! It’s Hell Week, so we tackled “The Hills Have Thighs”. It was awesome! check out this treadmill workout…
- Block 1 – 1 minute push pace at an incline of 3. 45 second base pace at an incline of 1. 30 second all out at an incline of 3. 45 second walk at an incline of 3.
- Block 2 – 1 minute push pace at an incline of 5. 45 second base pace at an incline of 1. 30 second all out at an incline of 5. 45 second walk at an incline of 5.
- Block 3 – 1 minute push pace at an incline of 7. 45 second base pace at an incline of 1. 30 second all out at an incline of 7. 45 second walk at an incline of 7.
- Block 4 – 1 minute push pace at an incline of 9. 45 second base pace at an incline of 1. 30 second all out at an incline of 9. 45 second walk at an incline of 9.
- Block 5 – 1 minute push pace at an incline of 11. 45 second base pace at an incline of 1. 30 second all out at an incline of 11.
6:05AM – Leave OrangeTheory
6:10AM – Fill up the car
6:20AM – Arrive home, hop in the shower, and get ready. Neal’s helps me by getting Magnolia ready for the day.
6:45AM – Make breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 veggie sausage patties, coffee, and a smoothie (1 scoop NOW Foods Plant Protein Complex, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1 frozen banana, and 1 cup toasted coconut almond milk) – 12sp Total
7:00AM – Make lunch
7:10AM – Load up the car and head to daycare.
7:35AM – Arrive at daycare and drop off Magnolia.
8:40AM – Arrive at work and start the day.
10:15AM – Enjoy a Pure Protein bar – 5sp
11:30AM – Eat lunch at my desk in-between meetings: quinoa, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, peas, carrots, hummus, and crazy feta dip – 12sp
3:50PM – Leave work
4:00PM – Stop by Whole Foods for some groceries (and a snack for the ride home – Kale chips 4sp and sliced turkey 2sp)
4:20PM – Head to daycare and pick up Magnolia
5:15PM – Arrive home and get Magnolia and Theo ready for a walk
5:40PM – Stop by the park and play for a while
6:15PM – Make Magnolia dinner and feed her
6:50PM – Make dinner! I tossed baby carrots in 1 tsp of NOW Foods Butter Flavored Coconut Oil, added salt and pepper, and roasted the carrots at 450 for 35 minutes. I also roasted 2 chicken breasts at the same temperature for 30 minutes.
7:10PM – Play with Magnolia and get her ready for bed
7:30PM – Neal arrives home and spends some time with Magnolia before putting her down for the night
7:40PM – Enjoy dinner: Roasted chicken on a bed of spinach with roasted carrots – 5sp
8:10PM – Sit down to blog while watching Blue Bloods
9:20PM – Get ready for bed and head upstairs
9:50PM – Fast asleep!