The past few weeks have been so incredibly hectic. There have been a plenty of highs and a lot of lows, but we’re all standing strong 3 weeks later.
- Neal’s parents were in town for a week
- Neal’s dad did some amazing work around our townhouse (can’t wait to show y’all!!)
- I traveled to Chicago to visit the amazing NOW Foods!
- My flights were cancelled and delayed out of Chicago
- We spent a pretty penny on a few home improvement projects (roof leak, gutter covers, tree trimming, AC maintenance)
- We saw Billy Joel in concert
- I was rear ended on my way to pick up Magnolia after work (car will be in the shop for almost 2 weeks)
- Our 2nd car needed some major maintenance work ($$$)
- My mom and sister arrived for a 2 week visit
- I got an amazing massage and facial at Massage Envy
- My sister is set to start her Master’s program at Penn State (YAY!!)
- The 16-17 academic year starts at work in 2 weeks!!
- Magnolia turns TWO in one month. AHHHHHHH!
That is just a slice of what has gone on these past few weeks. The past three weeks have taught me a lot. Honestly, the past year has taught me a lot. I’ve had to learn to create healthier boundaries, not only as a working mom, but also as an individual. I’ve had to learn how to be a better advocate and to move on from the events that changed my life years ago.
Despite the craziness these past few weeks, my faith has been renewed and I am working hard to remain positive and focused in all things. I am working hard to be fully present and to not fear the unknown of the future. It’s really easy to become anxious for the future and I have learned that it is a waste of energy to fear what is to come, especially when much is out of our control. I am personally working to be positive and to be myself always.
This past year reminded me how important it is to have people in your corner. People you trust. People who will meet you half way. People who need your help. People who want to help you. People who make you laugh. People who don’t take advantage of you. People who understand you. People who don’t always assume the worst. People who can be themselves around you. People who know when you need a friend. People who can reach out when they need a friend. People who are working to live a healthier life. People who are honest and loving.
I am beyond thankful to have my sister just a few hours away as of today and am really excited to see a few dear friends this weekend!! I have lunch and dinner plans Friday, a play date planned for Saturday morning, and family plans on Sunday. I am really excited to be able to spend more time with now that the school year is here and for football season to be just a few weeks away. I like the summer, but the fall always brings with it a sense of renewal. A fresh start, thanks to the start of the academic year, and a season filled with my favorite things.
The past few weeks have had some pretty rough moments, but I’ve grown a lot these past few weeks and am really excited about what the future holds. There are a lot of fresh starts ahead of me and I’m really looking forward to the fall. It’s going to be amazing!
I’m working hard to get through this week and to truly close out the 2015-2016 academic year. Monday marks a new start and I’m excited to start planning for the fall months. The second half of the year is just the best and I want to close out 2016 on a really high note!