During Sunday’s 8 mile run I listened to a few of Jillian Michaels’ Podcasts to help pass the time. Like always, Jillian said something that really resonated with me. As Jillian was talking to a caller who was struggling with her weight loss, Jillian went on to say, “Well, at least stop gaining weight”!
After blogging for a few years, interacting with readers, and dealing with my own weight loss struggles, I think there’s a lot of power in her statement. We may not have figured it all out yet and we may not have reached our goal weights just yet, but we all need to at least stop gaining weight.
I personally think that when we deal with the issues that are causing weight gain; emotional eating, binge eating, mindless eating, overeating, not exercising, not eating enough for our body, and being lazy, we will not only stop gaining weight but we will also start losing weight!
Last December I made a list of the things that were keeping me from losing weight, but what I didn’t realize was that they were the same things that were causing me to gain weight. There’s a reason why I don’t weigh 207 anymore… and a lot of those reasons are staring me right in the face…
I think a lot of us lie to ourselves. We know why we’re gaining weight… we just don’t want to face reality and change!
So the question is, are your ready to stop gaining weight? Are you ready to deal with the things that are keeping you from losing weight? Are you ready to lose weight and get healthy again?
We’re getting close to the holiday season but that doesn’t mean it’s time to throw in the towel until New Years Eve. Today is September 25! You have 36 days until Halloween, 64 days until Thanksgiving, 91 days until Christmas, and 96 days until New Years. Are you really going to throw your hands up in the air and wait 96 days to change?
Change now. Be honest with yourself. Take it one step at a time.
Here are a few things that can get you back on track…
1. Make a list of things that keep you from losing weight (cause weight gain).
2. Recommit to working out. You know you can at least do 20 minutes of activity (walking, running, spinning, etc.) every day… just move!
4. Take on AdvoCare’s 24 Day Challenge! This challenge helped me get out of rut and has given me my energy back! If you start the challenge by October 7, you’ll be done before Halloween! It’s never too late to start.
5. Find a buddy! Do you have a girlfriend, family member, or loved one who wants to gain control of their health again? Partner up!!
6. Make goals. What goals do have for Halloween? Thanksgiving? Christmas? New Years? Just think, if you lose 2 pounds a week you will have lost 28 pounds by New Years!!
No matter what though, at least stop gaining weight. Take back your life. You can do this (and you don’t have to wait until New Years).