It’s Tuesday, which means it’s Biggest Loser night! I haven’t forgotten about my Biggest Loser weigh-ins (week 1 and week 2 recap), but I still need to buy a new scale. My scale at home is jacked. No excuses but I’ll totally update y’all on my weight soon!
Today I continued my Get-in-Shape challenge and am feeling great!
Tuesday, October 18 Food Journal
- Breakfast – 2 cups of coffee (wasn’t hungry when I woke up)
- Snack – Banana
- Lunch – Sweet potato, lettuce with dressing, pear, mango kombucha
- Snack- pumpkin fluff, apple, cottage cheese
- Post Workout- Luna protein bar
- Dinner – Salmon with lime, lentil pilaf, side salad
When all was said in done, I…
- Ate 3 servings of fruit and 4 servings of vegetables (7 out of 9 servings)
- Lifted Weights
- Drank 8 glasses of water (8 out of 8 )
- Took a multivitamin and vitamin D
My workout today was fantastic. I really love lifting weights and felt great both during and afterward my workout.
- Bench press — 2 sets of 10 at 65 pounds
- Bench press — 3 sets of 8 at 95 pounds
- Wide grip bench press — 3 sets of 10 at 45 pounds
- Leg lifts (abs) — 3 sets of 10
- Snatch — 3 sets of 8 at 45 pounds (bar only as they did not have bumper plates at the gym)
- Leg Press — 4 sets of 8 at 225 pounds
- Lat. Pull down — 3 sets of 8 at 70 pounds
My knees have been giving me a little trouble lately, so I focused on my upper body today and incorporated a little leg press. My knee pain is usually linked to tight hamstrings, IT band, and weak quads. Stretching has been key and working on my leg strength. If it continues though, I may have to make my way to the doctor as I don’t want an injury to develop.
As for tomorrow, there is a LOT of rain headed towards DC so Neal and I have moved our 4 mile run to Thursday morning. I actually love running in the rain, but it’ll be good to have a day off tomorrow.
I hope y’all had a great Tuesday and I hope you have an even better hump day!