On June 21, the first day of summer, how do you want to feel? Do you want to feel comfortable in your summer clothes? Do you want to layout by the pool without your insecurities resting on your shoulders (or waist in my case)? Well it’s not too late to feel great on the first day of summer!
It’s easy for me to get discouraged when I realize how close the summer is and how I haven’t reached my weight loss goals, but it’s not too late. Although I won’t be able to reach my long term goals in the next 7 weeks I know I can reach a few smaller goals and can start the summer feeling better than I feel today.
Today, I’m feeling out of shape and bloated. I don’t feel comfortable in my clothes and I’m not exactly looking forward to all that the summer holds. Now there’s more to why I’m feeling so blah, which I’ll share tomorrow when I weigh in, but I just know that no matter what, I don’t want to feel this same way in 7 weeks.
To feel happier, healthier, and to weigh less, I am going to…
- Eat only when hungry (my signal is when my tummy actually growls)
- Stop eating when I’m satisfied
- Eat more fruits and veggies
- Push myself during football practice and games
- Workout at least 2 times outside of football practice each week
- Do my skin care routine every night and morning
- Clean out my closet, getting rid of clothes I don’t feel great in and keeping clothes I’m comfortable in or ones I want to feel more comfortable in
- Weigh in every Friday
Our methods for reaching our goals will look different but I invite you to join me on a 7 week journey to a happier and healthier life. If you don’t know where to start, I recommend thinking through 3 main areas: your diet, your fitness/exercise, and your self management.
So who’s with me? Who wants to feel better than they feel today come June 21?
Check back every Friday for my weekly weigh-in and to share your own successes in the comments section, whether scale related or not. You can also check out my daily eats to get a sense of what I’m eating. You can also see pictures of my eats on my Instagram.
It helps me to have a support system, so I hope you’ll join me over the next 7 weeks and in return I hope that I can help you to reach your own pre-summer goals. We’ve got this! Who’s in?
- The challenge officially begins tomorrow (May 3, 2013) when you weigh in for the first time or start your game plan. Remember, although this says “weight loss challenge” it doesn’t have to be about that. The goal is to feel better than you do today come June 21.
- Come back every Friday to share about your week, good or bad, scale or non-scale related
- I’ve got some AWESOME giveaways planned each week to keep y’all motivated!! Stay tuned!
- Between Friday check-ins, connect with me and other readers via twitter and Instagram. Use the hashtag #7weekchallenge
- Add the challenge button to your blog