I had a few bad days last week. Sometimes there’s no rhyme or reason for a bad day, things just don’t line up right. It takes forever to get out of the house in the morning, you hit major traffic going into work, you aren’t able to knock anything off your to do list, and you have no opportunities to relax after a long day. Some days are just bad.
I’ve learned over the years to focus on what I can control and not on what I can’t control. Some days just don’t go well, and that’s ok. Our energy is much better spent on the things we can control. A good workout is almost always the first thing I turn to when I’m having a bad day. A workout gives me time to clear my head and the dopamine is always a positive effect. If all else fails, a lap around Target usually does the trick! I have my new St. Patrick’s Day decor to thank.
Whether you’re at work, in school, or at home, here are 5 ways to turn around a bad day. They don’t always work, but these tips always give me time to clear my head or put a smile on my face.
1. Workout – Go for a walk, head to the gym, run a 5K, lift some weights, or take a class. Working out is a great way to turn around a bad day. It’s great for the mind and body.
2. Step Outside – Rain or shine (preferably shine). Sometimes just stepping away from it all can help to turn things around. Breathe in some fresh air and clear your mind.
3. Call Someone – Call a girl friend, family member, or your loved ones and just vent. Talk it out and hopefully you’ll feel better and back on track. Be sure to laugh a little too!
4. Have a Good Cry – Sometimes you just need to cry. Let it out. You’ll feel better.
5. Treat Yourself – Buy yourself something. It could be a hot coffee, a new book, or some beauty products. Some days just don’t go well and I think it’s ok to treat yourself to a little treat every now and then. I’m a flowers girl. Buying some fresh flowers I can enjoy always brighten my day.
What do you do to turn around a bad day?