It was great to finally see a loss on the scale last week! As I move into this week, my goals are to…
- Track everything
- No grains, breads, or complex carbs after lunch (recommended by my friend Katy)
- Push myself in my workouts
- Study, study, study my football playbook (practices are getting intense)
I did not track any points this past weekend but am actually feeling really great today! I was actively moving for 8+ hours each day, so I know I was burning enough calories to balance out the foods I was eating.
- Breakfast – 2 slices of Ezekiel Flax bread and 1 slice of 2% Kraft cheese
- Lunch – Weird pasta dish at home (whole wheat pasta, turkey kielbasa sausage, and jalapeno pasta sauce)
- Dinner – Chipotle bowl (Brown rice, pinto beans, chicken, pico de gallo, corn salsa, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce)
- Workout – 2 hours of football practice and 8 hours of moving
- Breakfast – Starbucks coffee and Very Berry Coffee Cake
- Lunch – Butter lettuce, grilled chicken, and light Caesar dressing
- Dinner – Salad and 2 small slices of pizza (onion, green peppers, and bacon)
- Dessert – frozen yogurt topped with chocolate sprinkles
- Workout – 9 hours of moving
This week’s meal plan focuses on dinners and workouts. I have found that planning my breakfast and lunches during football season is tough as my body craves/needs different things on different days. On Tuesday and Thursday, I always need more breakfast and a lighter lunch. On Monday and Wednesday I need a bigger lunch and a smaller dinner.
|Monday||Salad with grilled chicken||2 hour football practice|
|Tuesday||Dinner out with friends||Active rest day|
|Wednesday||Salad with grilled chicken||2 hour football practice`|
|Thursday||Veggie burger and veggies||Tabata workout|
|Friday||Stir-fry with shrimp and veggies||Cardio @ gym|
|Saturday||Roast chicken and vegetables||2 hour football practice|
|Sunday||Salad topped with leftover chicken||Active rest day|
This is also my first full week of the FitFluential DietBet I am a part of!! Wouldn’t mind winning a little money!
On Sunday morning I weighed in at 230.0, which means I need to lose 9.2 pounds in the next 4 weeks. I can’t deny that I’m a little skeptical, but I am going to work hard and hope that I win a little money!
On the football front, practices are going really well. I feel great physically but for me, so far, this game is more mental than physical. Are the workouts difficult? YES, but I push through them. Are the practice long? Yes, but they really do fly by. Will I learn the plays and my position? Yes, but the beginning stages have been difficult.
All in all, I’m feeling great and hope to see another loss on the scale this week.